Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 New Barclaycard Ring Designs

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

3 New Barclaycard Ring Designs

eh, i like the transparent fade but i love the APR.

We are approaching the time when a newly designed Barclaycard Ring plastic will be put into the world.

1. Chip card - I know a lot of you are asking when the Barclaycard Ring plastic will have it. The answer is that the initial incarnation of the new plastic will not include chip technology. Later next year, likely toward the end of 2015, new plastics will be created with the chip and as your cards expire, they will be replaced with new chip cards.

2. Translucent cards – An overwhelming number of community members expressed an interest in a translucent plastic. So we have included two options with translucent parts of the plastic for you to discuss. However, it’s hard to show translucence on a website! Our designers have attempted to emulate the transparency view in the images below. Hope that helps!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 3 New Barclaycard Ring Designs

Good god, the end of 2015 for the chip version to be available?!?!   I probably like the 1st design best, but none of them are particularly groundbreaking in appearance - especially #3 Chase Freedom ripoff.

Message 2 of 6
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

...and now, from the designers of the Rush Card, we present...

Message 3 of 6
elim
Senior Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Good god, the end of 2015 for the chip version to be available?!?!   I probably like the 1st design best, but none of them are particularly groundbreaking in appearance - especially #3 Chase Freedom ripoff.

"...and as your cards expire, they will be replaced with new chip cards."

that sounds like 2017 or 2018 for me. eeeeeeeeeeeeek

Message 4 of 6
d170
Regular Contributor

#1 reminds me of the wired plastic prepaid card I had in college. 

#2 I like the best 

#3 looks a lot like the freedom

i also recently received the email from them recently but it seems like a way out before the EMV chips are implemented. 

Time to Garden!!
EQ 703 TU 752 EX 711 as of 07/19/2014. In the garden until 01/19/2015. Baby steps, baby steps!! Trying for 750 ACROSS THE BOARD.
Message 5 of 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

I like the orange design. I think all 3 new designs suck.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.