Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 736
Registered: ‎07-22-2013
0

3 Visa 1 Discover no Amex

no Mastercard does that matter?

maybe I"m just noticing that in my search for new cards i should've considered the brand although


Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,694
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: 3 Visa 1 Discover no Amex


mikey78 wrote:

no Mastercard does that matter?

maybe I"m just noticing that in my search for new cards i should've considered the brand although


Doesn't matter but it's always nice to have all networks covered

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13


Regular Contributor
Posts: 736
Registered: ‎07-22-2013
0

Re: 3 Visa 1 Discover no Amex

so it's not important right?? it's more like cosmetic work ??


it's kinda like my perference not to carry more then 5 credit cards and i'm saving my last slot for possibly amex

And if I do decide to get a master card i'm thinking of getting the NY Giants NFL point card kinda comtemplating right now


Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 396
Registered: ‎05-27-2013
0

Re: 3 Visa 1 Discover no Amex

[ Edited ]

If you plan on applying for a MasterCard...I would go ahead and do it now (part of me is saying this because I like the NY Giants :smileylol:). Let the accounts age together and head into the Garden. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 7,075
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: 3 Visa 1 Discover no Amex


myjourney wrote:

mikey78 wrote:

no Mastercard does that matter?

maybe I"m just noticing that in my search for new cards i should've considered the brand although


Doesn't matter but it's always nice to have all networks covered


+1

 

This is something you can always obtain down the road, but it's a matter of preference as well.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,694
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: 3 Visa 1 Discover no Amex


mikey78 wrote:

so it's not important right?? it's more like cosmetic work ??


it's kinda like my perference not to carry more then 5 credit cards and i'm saving my last slot for possibly amex

And if I do decide to get a master card i'm thinking of getting the NY Giants NFL point card kinda comtemplating right now


So you have a plan..... I didn't have a visa for awhile by choice then I added one just to cover all networks  now I have at least 1 of each YMMV 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13


Regular Contributor
Posts: 736
Registered: ‎07-22-2013
0

Re: 3 Visa 1 Discover no Amex

Yes I guess you can say I have a plan, I canceled cards with annual fee's that weren't willing to budge and remove them and/or give me CLI
even though those cards where opened between 2007 ~ 2010, Oldest card I've closed bofa cc 500 cl and af of 39.00 (I tried to convert this one but they said they couldn't after the fact that I closed it and they said i could convert the history and limit on it and requested to speak with supervisor and the supervisor said the same thing I was giving wrong information and increased my limit to 5000)

I guess I'll wait for the capital one CLI outcome being handled by EO if they will increase my CLI EO said I'm also eligable for for c.c upgrade but let's worry about the CLI first and will get back to me once they finish review my dispute)


Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,694
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: 3 Visa 1 Discover no Amex


mikey78 wrote:

Yes I guess you can say I have a plan, I canceled cards with annual fee's that weren't willing to budge and remove them and/or give me CLI
even though those cards where opened between 2007 ~ 2010, Oldest card I've closed bofa cc 500 cl and af of 39.00 (I tried to convert this one but they said they couldn't after the fact that I closed it and they said i could convert the history and limit on it and requested to speak with supervisor and the supervisor said the same thing I was giving wrong information and increased my limit to 5000)

I guess I'll wait for the capital one CLI outcome being handled by EO if they will increase my CLI EO said I'm also eligable for for c.c upgrade but let's worry about the CLI first and will get back to me once they finish review my dispute)


Sounds perfect to me and then fill that spot in your wallet with Amex 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13


Regular Contributor
Posts: 736
Registered: ‎07-22-2013
0

Re: 3 Visa 1 Discover no Amex

I guess I'll sacrafice the MC hehe :smileyhappy:

can you tell me what "in the garden" or "gardening" means??

If I say something like I'm going to garden my cards until 2014, Does this mean I have a balance and it's going to be in my closet drawer until I pay off my balance?
or is it the other way I have 0 Balance and not use it until 2014??

I'm new to the Forum and is Aaoaa = Average Age of All Accounts??

thanks I really appreciate the help


Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,694
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: 3 Visa 1 Discover no Amex

[ Edited ]

mikey78 wrote:

I guess I'll sacrafice the MC hehe :smileyhappy:

can you tell me what "in the garden" or "gardening" means??

If I say something like I'm going to garden my cards until 2014, Does this mean I have a balance and it's going to be in my closet drawer until I pay off my balance?
or is it the other way I have 0 Balance and not use it until 2014??

I'm new to the Forum and is Aaoaa = Average Age of All Accounts??

thanks I really appreciate the help


Garden= I will not apply for any new credit for X amount of time while I let the cards I have age, increase my AAoA, age INQ's 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13


Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.