Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 credit cards

tag
Rein
Regular Contributor

3 credit cards

Please tell me I just did something right.... Lol

2 store credit cards I just pif before I got the statement. First usage and planning to pif every month before it shows balance due. 

1 nfcu visa $1800 balance, I just paid $1500

Will this help in getting the max on my credit score? Nfcu visa already on my credit report but not the 2 store credit cards.

Thank you!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: 3 credit cards

@Rein wrote:

2 store credit cards I just pif before I got the statement. First usage and planning to pif every month before it shows balance due. 

Will this help in getting the max on my credit score? Nfcu visa already on my credit report but not the 2 store credit cards.

Thank you!!

What's your credit profile like? PIF will help with your util but if you are paying before the statement cuts I'm not sure it will help your score cause it's reporting a zero balance on all cc.   

I think the general consensus is 2-9% util showing on CR. 

Message 2 of 7
distantarray
Established Contributor

2% on one card, and 0 on all other cards is optimal

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 3 of 7
Bobert22
Contributor

@Rein wrote:

Thank you!!

Yes, its time to garden. Let those store cards age for at least 6 months. Smiley Happy

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 4 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Agree with Bobert time to join the garden and kick back for a bit get some positive history on your new accounts.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 7
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

• If you dont apply anything for a next few months then its shouldn't be any problem if you PIF or paid before statement cut or paid minimum as long as you paid your credit card bill on time
  • If you plan to apply for something in a couple months then paid your credit card bill off before statement cut and let 1 card report small balance. (max on your credit score._
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 7
Rein
Regular Contributor

Thanks you guys!!! To the garden I go! 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.