Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 secured cards?

tag
Poorboi
Contributor

3 secured cards?

Is opening more than one secured at a time good or bad?   I think I messed up! I had nothing negative on my report with no trade lines. I open three at the same time now my score drop over 100 points

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Re: 3 secured cards?

What is your score? Are you sure it is a FICO score?

There really is something else probably going on besides 3 new cards for a 100 point drop.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 2 of 7
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

this isnt what caused the scrore drop.  you disputing accurate information on a sallie mae loan caused them to add accurate lates and the updated information caused fico to look at it as a new derog causing such a drastic drop

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 3 of 7
Poorboi
Contributor

Yes, it's a fico equifax, I just joined score watch and it's not from my sallie may, they show me all my last pulls and sallie mae is still in the same status, I tyrd to post pictures but my I pad only paste, il add pics later from my desk top. In the left corner in red it says too many accounts open in the last month. I can email the photo from I pad my score in July was 719. Now it's 632  it was 610 approx ten days ago

Message 4 of 7
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Poorboi wrote:

Yes, it's a fico equifax, I just joined score watch and it's not from my sallie may, they show me all my last pulls and sallie mae is still in the same status, I tyrd to post pictures but my I pad only paste, il add pics later from my desk top. In the left corner in red it says too many accounts open in the last month. I can email the photo from I pad my score in July was 719. Now it's 632  it was 610 approx ten days ago

In the long run, it is a good move,  the 3 accounts will be beneficial.    You need to wait until they are no longer new.

Message 5 of 7
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

in the red boxes "things affecting your score" what are the things stated affecting your score?  how is the student loan being reported as an installment?  if you had no prior  revolving tradelines at all and then added 3 there is no way at all it would have caused a 100pt drop

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 6 of 7
Poorboi
Contributor

The things affecting my score is six  inquiries and recently open too many Credit accounts. I wish I knew how to post the pictures of it. It shows 0 installment accounts. Student loan shows zero balance, last date of activity 2008. In the top right corner when I tap view it shows cays days late as current status. Its gotta be the 3 cards. I have a 12 year history

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.