cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 successful BT transfers. Direct to Checking account!!

tag
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

3 successful BT transfers. Direct to Checking account!!

Hello All,

I wanted some 7.5K for my personal use in my BOFA checkings account.

So i apped new Credit cards

1)Amex ED

2)Discover IT

3)Citi Simplicity

BT from each cards

1)Citi Simplicity - No pain for BT. direct deposit to BOFA checking account - Received the money in bank account by 3-4 days. - Total transfer 3.5K Smiley Happy

2)Discover IT - Filled out the BT online app and provided BOFA checking account with branch address details instead of other banks credit card number. Took 7-8 days for discover to write a physical check directly to BOFA branch. Check cleared in 2 business days. Overall 10 business days. - Total transferred 1.5K

3)Amex ED - Transferred the balance to my second discover card(over paid my balance of $75). Chatted with Discover Rep to refund the over payment $2425. They sent a physical check to my home. Then i deposited it to my BOFA checking account. Amex to discover 6-7 days. Discover to my home 4-5 days. Check cleared in BOFA 2-3 days. Total 12-15 days. Total transferred 2.5K

Overall its good within two weeks roughly, i got the 7.5k to my BOFA checking account Smiley Happy.

Hope this post can help someone on BT. I have to get ready to start repaying em all Smiley Very Happy

4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: 3 successful BT transfers. Direct to Checking account!!

@googlre10 wrote:

Hello All,

I wanted some 7.5K for my personal use in my BOFA checkings account.

So i apped new Credit cards

1)Amex ED

2)Discover IT

3)Citi Simplicity

BT from each cards

1)Citi Simplicity - No pain for BT. direct deposit to BOFA checking account - Received the money in bank account by 3-4 days. - Total transfer 3.5K Smiley Happy

2)Discover IT - Filled out the BT online app and provided BOFA checking account with branch address details instead of other banks credit card number. Took 7-8 days for discover to write a physical check directly to BOFA branch. Check cleared in 2 business days. Overall 10 business days. - Total transferred 1.5K

3)Amex ED - Transferred the balance to my second discover card(over paid my balance of $75). Chatted with Discover Rep to refund the over payment $2425. They sent a physical check to my home. Then i deposited it to my BOFA checking account. Amex to discover 6-7 days. Discover to my home 4-5 days. Check cleared in BOFA 2-3 days. Total 12-15 days. Total transferred 2.5K

Overall its good within two weeks roughly, i got the 7.5k to my BOFA checking account Smiley Happy.

Hope this post can help someone on BT. I have to get ready to start repaying em all Smiley Very Happy

Impressive. Surprised with discover 0% interest. Yikes. May be better just to get a installment loan. But good info. Tanks for heads up. 

Message 2 of 8
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Discover always said they don't do BTs into checking(or send checks). I think it's even written on the BT page.

Guess I'll try a direct deposit from Discover in the future.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you were able to accomplish what you wanted with the BT's. I would have assumed if they don't have a way to put down a bank account (rather than a card number) that it'd be a Cash Advance. Happy to hear that about Discover. Could come in handy down the line. (Be sure to report back if anything goes wonky.) 

Message 4 of 8
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Did same thing with Chase Slate a few months ago. Opened a $10,000 limit Slate and dumped $7,000 of it into my Citi Checking. Pain free and 0$ fee, registered as a balance transfer.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good info. and thanks for sharing...

Message 6 of 8
jrrsmith18
Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

Discover always said they don't do BTs into checking(or send checks). I think it's even written on the BT page.

Guess I'll try a direct deposit from Discover in the future.

This is what I've read too but I just did a balance transfer from my new discover it card to my checking account yesterday. Got my card about a month ago, read about doing a balance transfer to checking accounts so I called up discover last week and specifically ask if they mailed me a BT check could I write it to myself and deposit into my checking account, and the rep said yes. Got my blank check yesterday and deposited into bank account, cleared my bank account already somehow? I'll wait and see if it posts to my discover card as a BT or cash advance.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good info for sure. I'm fairly new to the credit game and always assumed they mailed a check to the CC company. Thanks for the info!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.