cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 Day App Spree END w/ App for Macy's...

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

30 Day App Spree END w/ App for Macy's...

Approved for $600-and instantly which was kind of a shock to me. So now hopefully i appn a few mos. w/ good behavior I can move on to the Macy's Amex-which should be a SP if I'm not mistaken. After I told this to the CSR who took my app at the store-and was EXTREMELY courteous and helpful BTW-he wondered why I didn't just go for the AMEX in the first place-he was sure by the rapid approval I would have got it. Having done my homework mostly from reading on this site, I replied it would mean 2 new TL's on top of the recent ones I've opened, and I'm pushing the envelope by opening ONE more let alone two! Now just hoping none of the other lenders I've acquired recently get upset and take AA!

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
HIzzie

Re: 30 Day App Spree END w/ App for Macy's...

Congrats on the instant approval!

Message 2 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Approved for $600-and instantly which was kind of a shock to me. So now hopefully i appn a few mos. w/ good behavior I can move on to the Macy's Amex-which should be a SP if I'm not mistaken. After I told this to the CSR who took my app at the store-and was EXTREMELY courteous and helpful BTW-he wondered why I didn't just go for the AMEX in the first place-he was sure by the rapid approval I would have got it. Having done my homework mostly from reading on this site, I replied it would mean 2 new TL's on top of the recent ones I've opened, and I'm pushing the envelope by opening ONE more let alone two! Now just hoping none of the other lenders I've acquired recently get upset and take AA!

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

See, I knew you would get it !!  Very well done!  I could see the hesitation with trying to get the AMEX version but IMO, I believe you would've been approved for it.  Needless to say, you'll still be elegible for it down the road.

Message 4 of 8
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Fin Star: Thanks. You and the CSR are probably right, but I didn't want to gamble at this stage on one of my other new cards being closed. After all, 8 new TL's in 30 days ($7500 total credit) is quite a bit for that short a period of time. I'll just hit them up around Christmas for the AMEX version after all of the dust is settled. The CSR says by that time they MAY offer it to me.
BUSINESS
Message 5 of 8
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

So you did get the amex?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 8
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

No, went with the store card. I'm going to try for the AMEX in a few mos. Hopefully with a SP on my report. I did buy 2 things w/ my new card I've wanted for a while though: an electric griddle and an electric skillet. Both were on sale for half price (cheaper than WM) and I'll get 20% off on my first statement.
BUSINESS
Message 7 of 8
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Oh ok great! and Good luck on the AMEX in the next months.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.