cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 Day Notice for Online BOA Approval a bad sign???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 Day Notice for Online BOA Approval a bad sign???

Got the pre-approval in the mail, filled in online, asked for total of $1k in BTs.

THey said they'd let me know in 30 days.

When that happened with Amazon Chase was not good (I had to recon and pay down balances on other cards, in this case though I am at 5% or so).
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: 30 Day Notice for Online BOA Approval a bad sign???

1 of these numbers hopefully is still good
BoA: 866-865-7842; 866-506-5067 (Credit Dept. Analysts/Recon)
BoA: 302-741-1825 (Recon)
call in and they will process app while on the phone, lots of times they just need a manual touch!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call in, the last one i got with the 30 day wasnt a good sign.
Message 3 of 8
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:
1 of these numbers hopefully is still good
BoA: 866-865-7842; 866-506-5067 (Credit Dept. Analysts/Recon)
BoA: 302-741-1825 (Recon)
call in and they will process app while on the phone, lots of times they just need a manual touch!

The crossed-out one is dead.  The 506 number is still good, so far as I know.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 4 of 8
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

BF applied for BOA card this morning and this is the response he got, this is most likely a Turndown right? he was hoping for to be offered the BOA 99/500 card

We Need More Time

Thank you for applying for the Platinum Plus® Visa® Credit Card from Bank of America.

Although we can normally provide credit decisions right away, we'll need a little more time to verify some of the information you provided us.

Within a few days, we'll send you an email informing you that a decision has been made on your application. You can sign in to retrieve this decision at the following address, using information you provided on your application:

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hoping2rebuild wrote:
BF applied for BOA card this morning and this is the response he got, this is most likely a Turndown right? he was hoping for to be offered the BOA 99/500 card

We Need More Time

Thank you for applying for the Platinum Plus® Visa® Credit Card from Bank of America.

Although we can normally provide credit decisions right away, we'll need a little more time to verify some of the information you provided us.

Within a few days, we'll send you an email informing you that a decision has been made on your application. You can sign in to retrieve this decision at the following address, using information you provided on your application:

Hmm mine just said thanks for applying, will know in 30 days.

Called the application # from the letter, it said if you applied less then 10 days ago to wait. Fingers crossed, also hope they pull CR soon since it is good now (minus cap1 that hopefully falls off next week), but util is great 2% to 20% depending on CRA (since TU uses Amex!)
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got that message as well, approved 20 days later, I got high balance on another card for tax free shopping, after I paid the balance next billing cycle, BOA approved me with a AMEX card, I guess they just want more time to evaluate your risk.
Message 7 of 8
mrdrum18
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@hoping2rebuild wrote:

We Need More Time

Hmm mine just said thanks for applying, will know in 30 days. Called the application # from the letter, it said if you applied less then 10 days ago to wait. Fingers crossed, also hope they pull CR soon since it is good now (minus cap1 that hopefully falls off next week), but util is great 2% to 20% depending on CRA (since TU uses Amex!)
Just push the prompt if you have waited longer than 10 days, it does not matter. You will first be transferred to a first line rep who will take your SSN and look up your application. The rep will then transfer you to a credit analyst for a decision. When I have applied, I called minutes after the application and got my decision that way.

Message Edited by mrdrum18 on 08-29-2008 06:57 AM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.