cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day late in 09/2005, join as an AU or not???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 day late in 09/2005, join as an AU or not???

frnds

is it worth to add DW's cc(500 cl) with a 30 day late in sept 2005 to my authorized accounts list.
it was opened in 01/2005.bcoz i don't have much history here ,will it b useful for my history?
will that 30 day late in 2005 hurt my history ??

Message Edited by HI-ALL on 01-08-2008 10:43 AM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: a 30 day late in 09/2005???

If the card won't hurt your UTI, I'd give it a shot since it's an older minor late.  Worse comes to worse, you can have it removed very easily.  If it helps, you'll have at least a few months to take advantage of it.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

it won't hurt my util,bcoz v have -0.39$ balance on it now.
using it for 10-15$ max. in a month and paying more than that amt.
how can i remove that 30 day late by talking the OC or dispute..?
i don't think i will dispute it.

Message 3 of 9
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Depends on why there is a 30 day late.

If it is correct, DW needs to GW the OC.
If it is in error, DW should notify the OC to correct it before disputing.

Leave disputes for last especially if there is any chance that there may have been additional lates that somehow missed getting reported.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi smartcookie

more over this 30 day late is only in EX,its not there in TU&EQ.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a good thread. It reminds me of a question, I've been wanting to ask, and honestly don't know the answer to.

If you make a close relative(spouse or child) an AU, and that person has awful, terrible credit, will YOUR scores be affected?

As there is no ssn involved, I can't see where they can check the family member's credit history. An AU merely allows them to use your card, and YOU are 100% responsible for any and all of the charges made by them.

Any response is greatly appreciated, as always. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If you are the primary cardholder, their behavior can affect you is if they run that particular card up over the limit or something else dumb, leaving you stuck with the balance. There have been some posts here about AU's changing the mail address and e-mail for the contact, so the actual cardholder doesn't know what's going on. (Which is why you don't rely solely on communication from the CCC.)

If you are the AU, the only way you are affected is by the history and the future behavior on that one card. If there are problems on it, or if the cardholder stars getting behind, this will show on your report, and you will need to get yourself removed from the card pronto.

The card is the link between the two otherwise unrelated histories.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi haulingthescoreup

this CC is owned by my dw and i want to b an au ,everything is fine with that cc except that 30 day late in sept 2005.
   I am taking care of this cc even now,no probs in the future too.
if that 30 day late doesn't effect on my credit history,i want to take an au for that cc.

Message 8 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The late would show, but one 30-day over 2 years old isn't really affecting the score.

But if you don't want to see a late on your reports, she will either need to GW to ask that they stop reporting the late (which might have some risks, as discussed on another thread), or you will need to AU on a different card.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.