Senior Contributor

30 day late

You missed your payment (okay) second statement arrives with recent minimum payment and lasts statement payment. (makes sense) if you dont pay this statement its going to be considered a 30 day late payment which will affect your credit big time. Okay well lets say that this bill is due on the 18th of july if you pay it the 19th its already 30 days late but it you pay it on the 18th the due date will it report as a 30 day late?? In other words is that risky?? Hope it makes sense.

Valued Contributor

Re: 30 day late

Any missed payment or oversight needs to be rectified right away.  Why would anyone risk "coasting" until the very last minute just to test the system - let's say something happens that prevents from bringing the account current on that date.  With the first occurrence, you already incur a late penalty charge and probably adverse action from the lender (such as a % rate hike).  The sedond occurrence will not only result in more fees, etc., but will definitely report a negative mark to the CRAs.  Since it's not the lenders fault, why risk those chances?

Senior Contributor

Right with you on that, last month (June) lots of unexpected events came up that envolved traveling which didnt allow us to even make the minimum payment on a card. Its getting close to due date which is the 30 day mark. Planning to pay it by the 16th which is the closest date it can be made.

Valued Contributor

set up auto payment for all your CC

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Senior Contributor

Speaking on behalf of my mother. I dont own cards yet.

Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]

But still yes automatic payments is one of the best routes to go if you have difficulty remembering about the due dates.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not quite sure I'm understanding the original post, but it definitely has to be 30 days late for it be marked 30 days late. I.e., due date is July 19th and you don't pay. If still no payment 30 days later by Aug 19/20 whatever it is, THEN you get the derogatory mark. 

ETA: Nevermind. I reread and now I see that there's two payments together. 

Frequent Contributor

Was the first payment due June 19th? If she's pays the min due of that RIGHT NOW, she might avoid a 30 day late. 

And then pay the rest that is due by July 19th (don't want to start falling behind). 

Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks Dubious

Valued Contributor

WHY IS YOUR FAMILY TRAVELING!?!?

I can't even.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $32,000, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Chase CSP (4/14) $12,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600, Chase Freedom (12/12) $5,000

Last App: April 2, 2014
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.