Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Cap One??

tag
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

Re: 3rd Cap One??

@Anonymous wrote:

Would Sony Cap One be considered a store card? 

Sony is considered a cobranded card, so technically should be able to still get another Capital One.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-one-How-many-cards-can-you-have/td-p/1257227/highlight/true/page/3

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@remarc wrote:

again some of those are store cards! 

AS for the Best buy reward zone mastercard.. another crappy card if you ask me.. one for never increasing limits and terrible APR.. The best buy store card is much better if you ask me.. anyhoo.. Mine is still showing its with HSBC.. is it going to be moved???

it will be, I read that it will show as Cap One eventually.  I actually got denied for the Best Buy Card, which was funny since requirements for SONY are much tougher.

Message 12 of 19
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

You'll get another very small limit card from them. These Cap 1 cards will not grow with you either.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JenniferinFL wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sony is considered a cobranded card, so technically should be able to still get another Capital One.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-one-How-many-cards-can-you-have/td-p/1257227/highlight/true/page/3

Sweet, I will try to apply for the cash back when the 45 days hit again.  Thanks for that input.

Message 14 of 19
beb86
Valued Contributor

@remarc wrote:

again some of those are store cards! 

AS for the Best buy reward zone mastercard.. another crappy card if you ask me.. one for never increasing limits and terrible APR.. The best buy store card is much better if you ask me.. anyhoo.. Mine is still showing its with HSBC.. is it going to be moved???

sometime i just got the letter in the mail today about it from cap 1

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AF_23 wrote:

You'll get another very small limit card from them. These Cap 1 cards will not grow with you either.

I read about the Cap One Cash Back card, the one that is for average credit has a "accelarated steps program" for heavy users.  Limit goes from $500 to $1000 in 5 months and shows on 7th statement, just like the platinum. This is very recent information maybe 4 days ago.

Message 16 of 19
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

I read about the Cap One Cash Back card, the one that is for average credit has a "accelarated steps program" for heavy users.  Limit goes from $500 to $1000 in 5 months and shows on 7th statement, just like the platinum. This is very recent information maybe 4 days ago.

Correct, i was told by 7th statement as well. However, my orginal platinum 4.7 yr old has never seen an increase though. They may triple pull you again on your credit file for the cash card if you go for it..

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't count on Cap1 to give you decent increases.  My Cap1 history is thus.

Got a rewards card in Dec 09, 500 limit, 6 months later 750, then it was stagnant.  When I was ready to dump it they increased me to 3750, I was shocked!  That happened Dec 11.

Got a Plat Jan 11, 500 limit, 6 months later 750 and it is still sitting there. 

I would have to look up the APRs to be 100% sure, but I think the rewards is 13% and the Plat is 22%.  They also like to make mistakes and then not correct them!  AF on rewards $39 and Plat $19.

Just do not get your hopes up when it comes to Cap1.

Message 18 of 19
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No, the Sony card is a Visa Card that can be used anywhere that takes Visa. The Cap-1 issued Sony card could be considered a co-branded card but its NOT a store card.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.