Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd time the charm with penfed

tag
sandman2435
Established Contributor

3rd time the charm with penfed

Finely after 3 tries,I was approved for a penfed plat rewards visa card and after being a member for 2 years...10K limit
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: 3rd time the charm with penfed

Congrats!  Going after that card myself sooner or later. What's your current FICO at if you don't mind me asking?

Message 2 of 13
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 13
sandman2435
Established Contributor

around the 720's with all the big 3...
Message 4 of 13
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Why were you denied the 2 other times?

BTW...congrats on the approval.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  With Penfed its really hard to get an approval, you were blessed. 

Message 6 of 13
sandman2435
Established Contributor

to many new accounts.So I waited intill they aged a bit..also had to send them proof of income..Im self-employed so i had to send them 2 years of personell and business tax returns

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really think I want to go ahead and join PenFed.  I hear a lot of good things about them not necessarily to bank regularly with them but at least have an account and eventually get a card with them.  I'm Active Duty Marine and I use BofA now I have a NFCU account as well and use it from time to time.  Congrats on the approval, would you suggest waiting a while after getting an account with them before applying  for a card?

Message 8 of 13
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I just joined and was approved for the AMEX from Penfed today. They do a EQ hard pull just to join, and no additional hard pull for the credit app, so if you join, you may as well apply for a card, since you are already getting one hard pull.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 9 of 13
darkman
Established Member

Congratulations! As I know sometimes the third time is the charm.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.