cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3x CLI Experience 4 Those W/ Initial CL of $8500 or More?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: 3x CLI Experience 4 Those W/ Initial CL of $8500 or More?

@longtimelurker wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@fungoman wrote:
25k does not mean 4506t. 10k starting requested 30k and instant approval.

^^exactly!  Amex can and will ask for a 4506 anytime your reported income/assets need to be verified. 

Right, but the point of the question, I assume, is to try to determine some rules when it "needs to be verified"!

So my recent history which obviously isn't following ask for 3x!

$25K, requested $35K (I think), 4506-T.  Got 28K with reasons account too new and CL not being used

$28K -> $34K  immediate approval

$42K (after moving limits), requested $50K, 4506-T, approved for $50K

Understand the OPs point .  Asking for data points on the 3 x $8500 CLI, I believe was in regards to the belief it will generate 4506 T.  

Income doc requests are not limited to $25k. 

Edit: to get a more detailed response questions like util, reported income, age of cc's with Amex etc. 

Message 11 of 14
changingmantra2
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@fungoman wrote:
25k does not mean 4506t. 10k starting requested 30k and instant approval.

^^exactly!  Amex can and will ask for a 4506 anytime your reported income/assets need to be verified. 

Right, but the point of the question, I assume, is to try to determine some rules when it "needs to be verified"!

So my recent history which obviously isn't following ask for 3x!

$25K, requested $35K (I think), 4506-T.  Got 28K with reasons account too new and CL not being used

$28K -> $34K  immediate approval

$42K (after moving limits), requested $50K, 4506-T, approved for $50K

Thanks Longtimelurker -

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
― Maya Angelou
Message 12 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

My 4506-T didn't result from a 3x request on $8,500 or more.  I had $31.9K total CL on 2 cards.  Requested $20K on the $6.9K card (not quite 3x but close) which would have taken me from $31.9K total to $45K total.  Got 7-10 days which led to the 4506-T.  Turned it in and was countered with $19K.  If your income is close to what's on the appropriate tax transcript then the 4506-T is no big deal.

However, keep in mind that a prior year's tax transcript can't be used until after August of the following year.  In other words, if you had a significant income increase reported on your 2013 return it won't be considered until after August 2014.  The 4506-T instructions from AmEx (follow them carefully or risk rejection!) state this but they don't explain why that's the case.

@changingmantra2 wrote:

What other factors do you think contributed to outcome?

One's credit always matters though saying what specific factors played a role in the approval is difficult as always.

Message 13 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

In other words, if you had a significant income increase reported on your 2013 return it won't be considered until after August 2014.  The 4506-T instructions from AmEx (follow them carefully or risk rejection!) state this but they don't explain why that's the case.

The letter says that they can't get them from the IRS prior to that, so it doesn't sound like an Amex decision.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.