Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.25% APR First National Bank of Omaha American Express Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

4.25% APR First National Bank of Omaha American Express Card

Hello Fico Forum! This is my first post ever, and I need some help:

I received an offer in the mail today from First National Bank of Omaha for one of their no reward American Express cards. Before I was about to throw this out in the trash, I realized that the card was offering A LIFETIME 4.25% APR!!! I have read this offer letter at least 15 times and do not see that this is a promotional offer. I have looked online everywhere for any mention of this offer, and nothing. Nothing on the forums. Nothing at all to be found anywhere. I just called the number in the letter and even the customer service representative cannot believe this offer, but does confirm that it is a lifetime APR and not a promotional offer. Has anyone else gotten such an offer? Is this bank any good? Is it worth the app? Good for large purchases for sure, but there has to be a catch... right?!?! Help! Smiley Surprised

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4.25% APR First National Bank of Omaha American Express Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Fico Forum! This is my first post ever, and I need some help:

I received an offer in the mail today from First National Bank of Omaha for one of their no reward American Express cards. Before I was about to throw this out in the trash, I realized that the card was offering A LIFETIME 4.25% APR!!! I have read this offer letter at least 15 times and do not see that this is a promotional offer. I have looked online everywhere for any mention of this offer, and nothing. Nothing on the forums. Nothing at all to be found anywhere. I just called the number in the letter and even the customer service representative cannot believe this offer, but does confirm that it is a lifetime APR and not a promotional offer. Has anyone else gotten such an offer? Is this bank any good? Is it worth the app? Good for large purchases for sure, but there has to be a catch... right?!?! Help! Smiley Surprised

I would call FNBO to make sure this is a legitimate offer.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did! Even the customer service representative was shocked. They advised as an employee they are offered an 'in-house' card and rate, but even that rate is not even close....

Message 3 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

me personally...Id jump on that! Who care if it wasn't a rewards card at all! With that APR for life...you wouldnt need it! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 16
ddemari
Super Contributor

That is a legit offer, I have seen people get that before. I would totally jump on that offer if i was up to par with first national bank of omaha criteria. 

Message 5 of 16
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sounds almost too good to be true lol. But if you called in and they verified it then you're good to go! I'd jump all over that.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 16
noobody
Established Contributor

annual fee?
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 7 of 16
noobody
Established Contributor

there were limited time offer in June, 4% Apr with $89? AF, and 7% no AF, taget for CS 750, as they are likely to carry balance with low risk of default. a few people with 800 CS was declined with bogus reason such as too many inquiry, the real reason I guess is they are unlikely carry balance and pay interest.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 8 of 16
Simply827
Established Contributor

I've gotten that offer before, so it's legit. There was a thread or two floating around here about that card. The consensus was, the annual fee makes it not worth it. It also has a high 5% BT fee. 

ETA: Also, there's a good chance one of your current cards will offer you future 0% promos. So again, it's not really worth it to pay an AF for a card when you can still likely get a better deal elsewhere.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were offering 6.25% apr with cash back and they have a prime rate card (3.25%) with annual fee, so 4.25 with no rewards seems plausible. Is it fixed or variable? Any annual fee?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.