Established Member
Arturoch

4 Credit cards that treat you right

Established Contributor
VEEnVEGAS

Re: 4 Credit cards that treat you right

Thanks for the link! I think even more interesting than their list of "Best Cards" was their list of "Worst Cards". Interesting, informative reading!
Regular Contributor
n2win

very nice thx!

this linked from there...chart comparing cards...

http://moneycentral.msn.com/banking/services/creditcard.asp

Goal: acquire and use Credit Cards, scores in the 700's in 2009
05/04/08 FICOS: EQ = 626; TU = 636: EX = 623
06/21/09 FICOS: EQ = 692; TU = 729; EX = 731 (CCT FAKO)
10/03/11 FICO EQ = 722 (CCT EQ = 749)
Valued Contributor
wmarat

Nice read, but why they always leave out CU cards?
IN VINO VERITAS.
Valued Contributor
athensguy

VEEnVEGAS wrote:
Thanks for the link! I think even more interesting than their list of "Best Cards" was their list of "Worst Cards". Interesting, informative reading!
They list Macy's as the worst store card, which is crazy, honestly. Macy's card has great perks, but all they could talk about was the APR...

The rest, I don't have any quibbles with.
Established Contributor
VEEnVEGAS

athensguy wrote:

VEEnVEGAS wrote:
They list Macy's as the worst store card, which is crazy, honestly. Macy's card has great perks, but all they could talk about was the APR...

The rest, I don't have any quibbles with.

I did find it interesting that Macys store card was listed as a worst card since I've only read good things about the card here. I think what people here like most about it though is that it is often upgraded to Macys Visa and receives frequent CLIs.

Also, although they state that store cards backed by Visa or MC usually have lower APS than regular store cards, I haven't seen this to be true. My 5K Target Visa varies between 17.9-22.9%...probably about the same as a non-Visa backed Target card.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}