cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Good Credit Cards That You Probably Haven't Heard Of!

tag
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

4 Good Credit Cards That You Probably Haven't Heard Of!

If you're looking for a good credit card that isn't just another discover or amex card then try one of the cards below! All 4 have great offers and low interest rates along with some other perks as well! JUST because your card doesn’t have a centurion logo on it doesn’t mean it isn’t a good card ;p

American Heritage Credit Union – They offer a Classic Mastercard with no annual fee’s and a good rate at 12.90%... NO balance transfer fee’s and they give out credit limits from 300 to 3,000… This card is relatively easy to obtain.. If you were approved for a Capital one credit card then your chances of being approved for this card are pretty good.

Link - http://www.amhfcu.org/Personal/LoansCreditCards/creditcards.aspx

M&T Bank – M&T offers a standard Visa credit card with rates as low as 9.24%... no annual fee’s and they give you the option to choose when your payment is due.. Beginning, middle or end of the month… This card also features “payWave” which is an easier way to pay for things.. simply wave your card past any payWave enabled pinpad and viola! Also, if you have a checking account with M&T you can link your credit card to your checking account for overdraft protection.

Link - https://www.mtb.com/personal/loanscredit/creditcard/Pages/nonrewardscard.aspx

First National Bank and Trust Company of Newtown – The standard card offered by FNBN is a Visa Signature card. It has a low apr and you can earn 1% cash back on purchases which can be redeemed for gift cards, air miles etc.. This card also has no annual fee and they generally give good credit limits. FNBN also offers a secured credit card for people with less than stellar credit with a small annual fee but they let you choose your credit limit from 300 to 5000… Treat the secured card right and in 12 months you can try for the non secured Visa!

Link - http://www.fnbn.com/customer_service.html (click on the credit card link once the browser opens)

Conestoga Bank – The Conestoga Bank credit card is a Visa card and is comparable to the FNBN credit card. It has a low apr and they give out good sized credit limits! They have no annual fee and you earn 1% cash back on purchases which can be redeemed for the usual gift cards and/or merchandise through there rewards program. For this card your credit does have to be good but you will be happily rewarded when you see the size of your credit limit!

Link - http://conestogabank.com/personal-banking/visa-rewards-and-sharing-card/

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: 4 Good Credit Cards That You Probably Haven't Heard Of!

Of course, that's just the kind of post that I DON'T need....lol...

wgmc has no listings for any of them. 

Do you know which CB any of them look at?

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The American Heritage Credit Union is pretty interesting overall.  I would most likely pass on the others if I was not in the immediate area though.

Message 3 of 7
MrShush
Valued Contributor

You must be from Philly/Bucks/Montco?
Message 4 of 7
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Of course, that's just the kind of post that I DON'T need....lol...

wgmc has no listings for any of them. 

Do you know which CB any of them look at?

Actually im not sure what CB they pull from..  It's been awhile since i've apped for the cards.. out of all the cards i mentioned American Heritage is the best but that doesnt mean the rest arent!

Message 5 of 7
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
You must be from Philly/Bucks/Montco?

Philly represent haha

Message 6 of 7
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Knew it! Me too, well Bucks now.

All are good cards from small.community banks and.credit unions. Heck, they might even use personal underwriters.

M&T I believe is Elan Financial though.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.