Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 New Cards Since November Thanks myFico

tag
kidkind2003
Established Member

4 New Cards Since November Thanks myFico

Hi guys. This is my first posting here. Just want to share some of my good news since all of your good advice has put me back on the road to financial stability. I started my credit journey last February after getting divorced from my wife.  I'm 33 and my credit was horrible. I was a 471 EQ 503 TU and 477 Fako. I never had any cards other than my bank cards. Tons of collection crap from ex's drama.  Started getting my reports cleaned up since then and in November got a First Premier $300.00 limit. Converted  one of my old debts from Jefferson Capital that was the ex wife's Chase card to an Embarq card that has a $350.00 limit. And this past month I got Orchard bank $300.00 limit and Capital One $500.00 limit  in the Credit building programSmiley Happy Current scores after a year are 618EQ no bads no lates only negative is short history 6 inqs.  TU 618 1 closed collection in dispute no bad's no lates 3 inqs. EX Faco 601 4 negative closed 3 to fall off in DEC no lates 8 inqs but all to fall off this year. Thanks for all your help guys.

Started the Rebuild in 2009 all 400’s with a First Premier.
2018 = All 700’s with 200 K revolving ,1 percent Utility. Trying to curb my Amex addictionsSmiley Happy
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4 New Cards Since November Thanks myFico

Yikes, I would not give FirstPremier ANY business. Such a scammy ripoff. Congrats on Orchard and Cap1 Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
kidkind2003
Established Member

If I did not use First Premier I would not have been able to get approved for other cards. They gave me a foot in the door sometimes you gotta pay to play .Smiley Happy

2018 = All 700’s with 200 K revolving ,1 percent Utility. Trying to curb my Amex addictionsSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Congrats

Now that you have the other 3, I would plan on dropping First Premiere soon.    You don't need to pay such high fees forever.

Message 4 of 8
kidkind2003
Established Member

Yeah hoping to be able to drop them before another annual fee will see how im doing after a few months.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gospel.

1 tp 9% utilization showing at reporting time on 49% of those accounts MAX. Rotate the other cards in and out of  that 49% and don't aply for another card for 1 to 2 years. You are at a crossroads.

Message 6 of 8
kidkind2003
Established Member

Thanks been definetly gonna keep that uti down low and leave the apps alone for the next year.

Message 7 of 8
echoguy32
Valued Member

Capital One Credit building program???? Is there such a thing? If so please fill me in?

Starting Score: 05/15/2011 TU 565 EQ 562
Current Score (MYFICO): 6/25/2012 TU 670 EQ 660
Wallet: NFCU Visa 15k, Amex Green NPSL, Discover 1.2k, USAA MC 2K, USAA 1.5k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.