Did you mean: 

4 apps/12 inquiries later... never again, CapOne

tag
Trivolve
Contributor

Re: 4 apps/12 inquiries later... never again, CapOne

@B335is wrote:

@Trivolve wrote:

I like the Quicksilver a lot, with the 1.5% cashback, no FTF and no redemption minimum. Unfortunately, CapOne seems to have something against me. I apped for QS 3 times and Journey 1 time over a year and all were denied with a waste of 12 inquiries (triple-pull CB is crazy!), while in the meantime I've gotten 9 more prime credit cards from other prime banks with a few 5-digit limits. Always cited was too many inquiries (duh, most of it is from you, CapOne!) and age of accounts (and yet Barclaycard seems OK with me). 

CapOne must think I'm too good for them, and so they'll never get an application from me again. In my heart they're now down there with creditone and firstpremier. Never again, CapOne - you've lost this customer forever.

Yeah I've been there with Cap1 myself too.  They also pull ARS and IDA.  Did you apply all those times to prove to yourself you could get the card?  Thats what I did with Discover and probably wouldnt miss my "it" card now that I have it. 

@Anonymous was a good fit with the 1.5% general spending cashback. But now I've found BoA Travel Rewards which is better @1.6% and with EMV and no FTF too.

[Total CL: $97K] Citi Forward, BoA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Hyatt, AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX Hilton Hhonors, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Thankyou Preferred, Barclaycard Arrival Plus, AMEX Platinum, Chase IHG
Message 11 of 13
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

My first card from Capital One was the MTV VISA with a $500 CL and I had no credit. They triple pulled me when I applied for another card in their line up so a rep suggested I apply for a different card. They weren't like oh well since you applied for this card we aren't gonna pull you again and use this same score. Ended up with 6 pulls from them and a 500 CL. So never again. I keep the card around though because it's nostalgic lol.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 12 of 13
watch44
Frequent Contributor

I always found it kind of odd that other lenders don't triple pull like CapitalOne. It's just due diligence imo.

As for why CapitalOne keeps denying you, it may have something  to do with the 9 new tradelines in the past year. But what does CapitalOne know about risk...

(Hover over pics for details) 
FICO:  TU 731 (05/14/14)   EX 749 (04/24/14)   EQ 684 (02/05/14)   Goal 700
FAKO:  TU 761 (05/20/14)   EX 761 (05/20/14)   EQ 743 (05/20/14)
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.