cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 cycles with Citi, still no FICO score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 cycles with Citi, still no FICO score?

Hey all.  I think I posted a similar thread about a month ago, but it's buried at this point and I can't find it.  A few days ago I received my 4th statement with Citi and I still have no FICO score available.  When I click on FICO score, it says "FICO score is unavailable at this time."  After my 3rd cycle closed, I contacted Citi about this through chat and they gave me a phone number to their "technical department" which was very unhelpful.  They had me looking at things like different web browsers and such, which clearly weren't the problem.  I was wondering if anyone had any advice here.  It's not so much the credit score that I want, but the fact that I'm not getting one to me means that Citi isn't getting regular SPs on me from my account.  I plan on requesting a HP CLI in about 2 months and would much rather they have a SP on hand that's current rather than the less favorable one I had at the time of approval.  Can anyone offer up any advice on who to contact or what avenue to pursue in order to get Citi to look into this issue and start getting me monthly FICO scores generated?  Should I hammer away at the technical department again?  So far I spent probably an hour on the phone with the technical department over 2 phone calls and they were extremely unhelpful and clearly didn't do anything to resolve my issue.  Thank you for the help here everyone.

21 REPLIES 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: 4 cycles with Citi, still no FICO score?

Go straight to the EO Dept and make a case for why it's not coming up for you yet.

Good Luck getting that to step it up for you. Seems an awful long time to me though.

I would make a fuss too but it just seems they are sometimes set on some designated schedule a little hard to follow for even those of us who already do see their bankcard eq 8.

themanwhocan is the member i think that says they normally update the second Tuesday AFTER the next following month.

Or something along those lines. ><

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I have never dealt with the Citi EO, can you suggest the best way/means of contacting them?  Is there a number or email address I should use?

Message 3 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Go straight to the EO Dept and make a case for why it's not coming up for you yet.

Good Luck getting that to step it up for you. Seems an awful long time to me though.

I would make a fuss too but it just seems they are sometimes set on some designated schedule a little hard to follow for even those of us who already do see their bankcard eq 8.

themanwhocan is the member i think that says they normally update the second Tuesday AFTER the next following month.

Or something along those lines. ><

+1 I'd call or email the EO (not sure which is best) and tell them that your credit score has not shown up on your account since you became a cardmember due to an error on their end, and that you have contacted support and they only treat it as a web browser issue on your end, which is not the case.

I just looked at the dates that the scores were generated, and I see that the scores are always from the 4th Tuesday of each month except for February where it was the 3rd Tuesday (02/21/2017).  My last score showing as of today is the one from July 25th, and going by their patterns I am assuming that they generated a new score last Tuesday the 22nd that I'll see at some point next month.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood.  Any advice on finding EO contact info?  I guess I'll try Citi chat first, but they'll probably try to troubleshoot my issue again.  Not sure if regular CS would provide EO contact info.

Message 5 of 22
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Understood.  Any advice on finding EO contact info?  I guess I'll try Citi chat first, but they'll probably try to troubleshoot my issue again.  Not sure if regular CS would provide EO contact info.

I always used the EO number for Citicards found in the Backdoor Numbers thread in the Applications SubForum.

In fact i just did some contact through them on another matter only 2 weeks ago using this forum's number for them.

Good Luck

Message 6 of 22
Kforce
Valued Contributor

I believe after getting the Citi DC, it took 4 or 5 months before

they had the Fico Score linked to my page.

It was even longer for Barclays "SallieMae"

You can call or just be patient and it will probably show up

Message 7 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Kforce wrote:

My wife's card predates the FICO scores being given out so I can't use that as a data point, but my score began showing when my first statement was generated on my Diamond Preferred card.

Message 8 of 22
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Kforce wrote:

My wife's card predates the FICO scores being given out so I can't use that as a data point, but my score began showing when my first statement was generated on my Diamond Preferred card.

Is the diamond your first card with Citi?

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm assuming the issue has to do with the suffix on my name, as I experienced the same thing with Amex last year and all they had to do was make a modification to my name and my score started showing up with them. You'd think it would work based on SS# but evidently a name being off by a character can cause problems too.

Thanks for the backdoor number reference for the Citi EO. Do they operate only during business hours? Can you leave messages?
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.