Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40,000 Barclay Arrival expiring soon?!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

40,000 Barclay Arrival expiring soon?!

I am dying to get approved for this card! A basic $400+ bonus for $1k spend! On any travel.

We've had this discussion.

Has anyone else heard when this promo may expire?
I'm thinking I should just bite the bullet and app?!
I don't think Amex would be tooooo unforgiving??!?

Do yall really thinking opening this account would hinder my next 3xcli?

For $400, it's worth it though.. And I'll have the rest of my life to get a cli on Amex, right?!?
I am thinking clearly, right?!
Lol
Please help. I want this freeeeee money! Haha
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 72
71 REPLIES 71
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: 40,000 Barclay Arrival expiring soon?!

I doubt one new account would be a big deal. I forget how quickly Barclays reports accounts though. You may get told you already have enough credit issued by Barclays, but I believe they let you move limits around to open a new card.

Message 2 of 72
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I doubt one new account would be a big deal. I forget how quickly Barclays reports accounts though. You may get told you already have enough credit issued by Barclays, but I believe they let you move limits around to open a new card.

I agree. I think you'll definitely have to recon it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 72
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 72
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I have 12.2k spread out over 3 barclay's cards..and applyed for it about 2 months ago..and was denied..recon and I asked if I can move the limits around to open the account..was told no dice...I even called and reconed again a few days after..Sometimes barclays can be hard to figure out

Message 5 of 72
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I know they reported like in a couple days with my Travelocity Amex.
I only am seriously considering this card bc the sign up bonus is so darn good!!!!
I never know what ti expect when app'ing for cards. I havent apped for anything since Ive gotten such high limits with GE. Instant approval would be ideal lol but we know how that goes heh
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 72
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I haven't seen many approval stats for this card besides mxp's baller azz $25k one haha.
And I certainly don't have a 750-800 FICO. Just working with 700-740 here lol.
Bah bah decisions decisions!
Message 7 of 72
enharu
Super Contributor

the 40k miles offer is definitely sweet!

its the ONLY reason that I applied for the card. I was planning to toss it aside once I redeem that, but now that I have used the card, barclays and the card isn't as horrible as I originally envision it to be. I might just use it more in 2-3 months if they decide not to AA me.

I would say go for it! Smiley Very Happy

And barclays reported the new account on like the next business day after I was approved. I got a pending message (30 days) but I didn't want to wait and I called recon. Got approved after verifying ID.

my gf was initially instantly approved for the platinum MC, not world MC. the sign up bonus is still the same though. She reconned her initial CL (1500) and got a higher CL now but it cost her 2 HPs on TU just for that 1 card.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 72
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Lol a few approvals including ImprovingCredit's $20k approval and a few other $5k approvals and one guy had to move CL over.

Message 9 of 72
sandman2435
Established Contributor

They are inq and new acounts sensetive...if you don't have any of those you may be good to go

Message 10 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.