cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40 Point Jump!! 680 TU SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

40 Point Jump!! 680 TU SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks MYFICO forums.  Checked today and I now have a 680 TU score. Was shocked!!! 40 Point jump all from having an old Collection drop off after disputing it about 10 times.

Started off with Charge offs and multiple collections and now....drum roll please......No delinquincies or baddies of any kind!!!! I cant believe.  Success of cleaning up my reports, staying on top and not accepting NO for an answer.

The collection also fell off my Equifax report and now waiting for Experian........

Feels great.  I have all the credit I need for a while. and just going to garden from here on out.....

thanks again everyone

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: 40 Point Jump!! 680 TU SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats

Message 2 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You mention you are just gardening... what credit did you get before these baddies came off with TU?

Oh and super congrats... My TU just went the same direction as yours... now if the others would follow!!!

Message 3 of 11
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations!!! That's a wonderful score jump and it must feel soooooo good to have all of your baddies gone! I'm really happy for you. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 11
texasman07
Established Contributor

I started with all the sub prime cards:

First Premier

Credit One

HSBC Orchard.

Kept those for bout a year then closed them off.  During that process apped for GEMB cards. Got approved for Walmart, AEO, Gap, Banana, Old Navy.....CLI's every 4 months.

Got BOFA Secured and CITI Secured.

Then finally last month my CU gave me a 1000.00$ VISA Rewards card.

also a line of credit for my checking account.

all in all  I had about 14 baddies that I paid some, disputed all....and it really paid off

I have a lot of new credit in the past 2 years so that is now one thing that is hurting my score.  Plust my utilization is at 52 % AND I AM GOING TO BRING THAT DOWN IN 3 MONTHS.

Message 5 of 11
texasman07
Established Contributor

TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH, I SHOULD HAVE GONE ON THESE FORUMS FIRST BEFORE APPING, IF I LIST ALL MY CARDS YOU WOULD BE SHOCKED THAT I HAVE SO MANY STORE AND GAS CARDS.

I PROBABLY HURT MY SCORE MORE BY DOING SO BUT I THOUGHT THE MORE THE BETTER TO SHOW I CAN HANDLE ALL THESE CARDS.

Message 6 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have a lot of store cards too... no biggie but I probably would add another Visa or two... get utilization down and Barclay would be a good one, I just got approved last week for Apple.

Hoping my secured Navy from last year unsecures this month but we will see.

Message 7 of 11
texasman07
Established Contributor

I USE ALL MY STORE CARDS AND PIF AS SOON AS I MAKE THE PURCHASE.  I BUY A LOT OF CLOTHES FOR WORK AND SOCIAL EVENTS SINCE I TRAVEL A LOT FOR MY JOB I HAVE TO HAVE NICE CLOTHES. 

ITS HELPED SINCE I HAVE TO SPEND THE MONEY ANYWAYS AND I GET REWARDS

WITH THE GAS CARDS I HAVE (AND I HAVE A LOT) I USE THEM FOR WORK ALSO.  I CHARGE GAS FOR MY RENT A CAR THEN GET REIMUBURSED FROM MY COMPANY A WEEK LATER.

IT HAS HELPED

SINCE I COULDNT GET A VISA OR MASTERCARD WITH A HUGE LIMIT AND I NEEDED TO SAVE IT FOR AIRFARE AND HOTEL HAVING GAS CARDS CUTS ME FROM PUTTIN IT ON MY VISA OR MASTERCARD

Message 8 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

Nice score jump !!

I hope to get a similar jump once my collection drops off next year.

Message 9 of 11
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Wow!!!! 40 point increase is HUGE! Your hard work and effort is paying off. Soon you'll be in the 700 club. The meat and potatoes of rebuilding is cleaning our reports. Once that is done, it's smooth sailing from there. You'll be in great shape moving forward. Congrats!

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.