Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$400 Cash Back after Spending $1K in 90 Days with NFL Card

tag
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: $400 Cash Back after Spending $1K in 90 Days with NFL Card

$400 is hardly pitiful.
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 21 of 84
Jlu
Established Contributor

No, it isn't, but after the $400 you're stuck with another useless 1% cash back card unless you buy NFL gear all the time in which case you get back ..wait for it..wait for it.. 1 extra point. That is pitiful.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 22 of 84
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

No, it isn't, but after the $400 you're stuck with another useless 1% cash back card unless you buy NFL gear all the time in which case you get back ..wait for it..wait for it.. 1 extra point. That is pitiful.

It's more like this: After getting 40% cash back on your first $1,000 of purchases, you're stuck with a great way to help keep your overall utliization down since you're never going to use the card again.

Message 23 of 84
ceejx
Established Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

It's more like this: After getting 40% cash back on your first $1,000 of purchases, you're stuck with a great way to help keep your overall utliization down since you're never going to use the card again.

agree, worth taking advantage of the $400 cashback on $1000 in purchases you're going to make anyway and only get 1% on another card and then toss it in the sock drawer as just another open CL w/ $0 balance after you pay it off.

I noticed this on the site though: 

If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit or income criteria for this offer, we may not be able to open an account for you or you may receive a Platinum Card (which will have different benefits).

So it looks like if you don't get approved for the Visa Signature, you'll end up w/ a Platinum with less bennies.

Message 24 of 84
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@seigex wrote:

agree, worth taking advantage of the $400 cashback on $1000 in purchases you're going to make anyway and only get 1% on another card and then toss it in the sock drawer as just another open CL w/ $0 balance after you pay it off.

I noticed this on the site though: 

If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit or income criteria for this offer, we may not be able to open an account for you or you may receive a Platinum Card (which will have different benefits).

So it looks like if you don't get approved for the Visa Signature, you'll end up w/ a Platinum with less bennies.

Ugh, this is painful. I could really use the sign-up bonus right now, but they pull TU and TU is oh-so-slow at updating.

Good thing I didn't take my laptop with me to the sports bar. Oh, wait...

Message 25 of 84
shiftomnimega
Regular Contributor

Tempting, but I don't think I'll be spending 1k in non-5% categories in the next 3 months.  Especially with Chase doing 5% at BBY.  If only this deal waited a quarter.

Message 26 of 84
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

If I was going to put the effort into getting a visa siggy approval I sure as **bleep** wouldn't waste it on a 2%-on-NFL-purchases-only card.

LOL, pitiful.

I would assume many of us didn't do this for the 2% on NFL purchases. I like the free $400.  For that, I'll take 60 seconds and fill out an app online. I'm not too "pitiful" to earn $400 in 60 seconds. That's an opportunity that would be "pitiful" if you passed up.

Message 27 of 84
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

So uninformed....wait for it...wait for it...20% discount on NFL gear.

We don't buy a lot of NFL gear at our house...but 20% off will be nice when we do. That 20% off will be free money on something we would have purchased anway...added to the original $400.

Hey...it's OK if you don't want or won't qualify for the card. No one will make fun of you.

Message 28 of 84
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I saw this Friday on a website and jumped on it. Already have a US Air card thru Barclays. Got 10 day message. Called in to recon...guy said system will do that if you already have a Barclay card. Had to reallocate my 8k CL to approve (too many new accounts...oops! My bad! Smiley Wink). Now just need to spend $1k to get $400...this is a total no-brainer!  Just an FYI... The analyst totally grilled me on taking their BT offer... I told him I didn't need it right now but he kept hammering away. Kind of irritating...grrrr

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 29 of 84
etothejomegan
Valued Member

@Jlu wrote:

If I was going to put the effort into getting a visa siggy approval I sure as **bleep** wouldn't waste it on a 2%-on-NFL-purchases-only card.

LOL, pitiful.

So would you rather waste it on a 3% on some category card with $200 bonus? You'll need to spend an extra $10000 just to break even, and that is not counting how three months out of twelve you would be using Freedom and not that 3% card. Not everyone spends that much in one category.

Message 30 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.