Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$400 Cash Back after Spending $1K in 90 Days with NFL Card

tag
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: $400 Cash Back after Spending $1K in 90 Days with NFL Card

lol, so many haters.

All I was sayin is I would much rather have a useful card like CSP if I was gonna go through the trouble of getting an approval for a visa siggy. Then I wouldn't have to worry about Barclay's infamous AA wrath.

CSP has the same sign-up bonus - 40,000 points ($400) AND then you are left with a card that earns 2% on travel & dining + 7% dividend with 1:1 travel partner transfer.

I don't know bout you guys but I buy more hamburgers than footballs.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 31 of 84
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

Those that got approved for this card, do you mind stating your income range?

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 32 of 84
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Approx 160,000 (includes rental income on 2 properties because the rental mortgage payments show up on credit report...so we have to show that they are covered)

They also asked how long we've been in our home & whether we own it (pretty customary questions) [for us 20+ yrs]

Also asked if I would be using this card to take cash at an ATM. Answered no.

Also...had we taken a cash advance on any credit card in the past 6 months. Also answered no.

Process was easy and seamless. Got an immediate response.

Message 33 of 84
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

Thanks

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 34 of 84
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

For those picking the Cowboys they're throwing in an extra $100 and a Ware Jersey.  How bout dem Cowboys?!!!

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 35 of 84
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

lol, so many haters.

All I was sayin is I would much rather have a useful card like CSP if I was gonna go through the trouble of getting an approval for a visa siggy. Then I wouldn't have to worry about Barclay's infamous AA wrath.

CSP has the same sign-up bonus - 40,000 points ($400) AND then you are left with a card that earns 2% on travel & dining + 7% dividend with 1:1 travel partner transfer.

And with the Sapphire Preferred, you have to spend 3x as much to get the $400 bonus, and you have to spend $8878.50 on travel and dining in a year just for the extra 1.07% to cancel out the annual fee.

Granted, I plan to sign up for both of the cards and take the $800, then PC the Sapphire Preferred after a year.

Message 36 of 84
Jlu
Established Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

lol, so many haters.

And with the Sapphire Preferred, you have to spend 3x as much to get the $400 bonus, and you have to spend $8878.50 on travel and dining in a year just for the extra 1.07% to cancel out the annual fee.

Granted, I plan to sign up for both of the cards and take the $800, then PC the Sapphire Preferred after a year.

What? Figuring 2% plus the 7% dividend you would have to spend ~$4,500 or ~$12/day on dining/travel to break even - and that's if you don't charge anything else. Not to mention the AF is waived for the first year. Then add the fact that partner transfers generally net 1.3-1.6 cents per point. And the sign-up bonus requires a $3k/90day spend, I spend that in a month. Are you really trying to say that the Barclay NFL card is better than the CSP? Maybe this card works for you and that's great; I just wanted members to know there are other options and not to get lured in just with a sign-up bonus.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 37 of 84
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@ Jlu.  I think you are still missing the point here.  The point is, taking a hit on your credit in exchange for $400. Simple as that.  Also I'm not sure what you mean "trouble of getting a visa sig"?  It was not any trouble.  It took a couple of minutes to apply and I can confirm the 40,000 points for $1000 spend in the account options.

Also for everyone who got in on this, hold on to your cards after you cash out the bonus for a little while.  From reading on Slickdeals and other sites, Barclays seems to offer very generous cashback promos like, spend $500 for the next  3 months and get 20,000 points and also 5% categories like groceries for NFL cardholders.  Personally I will get my $400 out of this and sockdroor it until I receive a juicy promo.  If a year or two goes by with no promos I will close it.  Still a win win.  And it is still more than I would have made with the Saphire.  I have the CASH+/Discover/Freedom for dining anyway.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 38 of 84
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Agree with previous poser.  here it is spend 1k get 400 back with Barclay or spend 3k get 400 back with chase? Barclay is better deal.

Message 39 of 84
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

*previous poster* not poser, sorry.

Message 40 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.