citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 71 of 84
amac373
Established Member

Re: $400 Cash Back after Spending $1K in 90 Days with NFL Card

@flowfaster wrote:

If you use Amazon Payments just make a $410 and a $590 transaction, then pull it to your bank account.  Pay the $590 transaction with the money you pulled into your account.  Pay the $410 with statement credits.  Bam $410 in your bank account in 2-3 days.

So are you saying to try and buy enough stuff to have two seperate transactions, one of $410 and one of $590? Then you will need to just pay the $590 right away off your CC and then just wait for the bonus points to show up and apply those for a statement credit? Isn't this pretty much the same as just going to a store and making two seperate transactions with those same amounts? Am I missing something here?

Message 72 of 84
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@amac373 wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

If you use Amazon Payments just make a $410 and a $590 transaction, then pull it to your bank account.  Pay the $590 transaction with the money you pulled into your account.  Pay the $410 with statement credits.  Bam $410 in your bank account in 2-3 days.

So are you saying to try and buy enough stuff to have two seperate transactions, one of $410 and one of $590? Then you will need to just pay the $590 right away off your CC and then just wait for the bonus points to show up and apply those for a statement credit? Isn't this pretty much the same as just going to a store and making two seperate transactions with those same amounts? Am I missing something here?

Yes, you can do that IF you have something you want to buy for those amounts.  I was talking about using Amazon Payments to turn the $410 into straight cash with no fees.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 73 of 84
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

Next day for me. Barclays is crazy!

Looks like mine showed up on Equifax the same day.

Message 74 of 84
amac373
Established Member

@flowfaster wrote:

@amac373 wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

Yes, you can do that IF you have something you want to buy for those amounts.  I was talking about using Amazon Payments to turn the $410 into straight cash with no fees.

I haven't used Amazon Payments before. It looks similar to Paypal. What kind of transaction would you do, sending money to another account or something?

Message 75 of 84
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Well what I do is send money to my DGF who shares a bank account with me.  Make sure you select Goods and Services NOT cash advance.  The transaction will be coded as a purchase on your credit card.  Limit is $1000 a month and no fees all around.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 76 of 84
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

After getting frustrated with Macy's over the last few days, I decided to push my luck for some good news and call the credit analysts again today. More things had updated on my TransUnion report, so they were able to bump it up another $1,000 to $4,500. The analyst said anything more than that would require a solid 6 months of payment history.

Still disappointed about not getting approved for the Signature version, but I have a Freedom Signature in my pocket, so I guess that's good enough.

I know Barclays doesn't usually PC, but has anyone had any luck just changing from a Platinum to a Signature on the same product after hitting $5,000?

Message 77 of 84
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Did you get in on the $400 bonus? Because this has been dead for a while.
Message 78 of 84
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

Yup, got in just in time.

Message 79 of 84
FrugalRican
Blogger

I got my card yesterday.

Good times.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 80 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.