Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4506-T time

tag
fungoman
Regular Contributor

4506-T time

Just got off the phone with AMEX. After a 7-10 day message from a 180 day CLI request, I called in to see what was up, and was told they are sending me the 4506T income verification. No biggie, as the income provided for the CLI was my exact 2013 W-2 income from my tax return, which is less than my current year income. I will fill it out and submit it and see what they give me. Anyone have any luck requesting a higher amount upon review after they get your tax return transcript than what you originally requested?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4506-T time

What is your current limit and what were you requesting?  Mine is coming up shortly for cli.

Message 2 of 9
fungoman
Regular Contributor

30k. Requested 35k. Wish I would have requested more now...

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one at 2k and one at 9.4k...so I have some time to go still. I have seen many posts on a FR usually at 25k and above.  What happens if you don't send the form in? Account closure or no cli?

Message 4 of 9
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

I have one at 2k and one at 9.4k...so I have some time to go still. I have seen many posts on a FR usually at 25k and above.  What happens if you don't send the form in? Account closure or no cli?

if it happens as a result of a CLI request, they cancel your request if you don't respond with-in a timely manner.  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 5 of 9
fungoman
Regular Contributor

This is not a financial review, just income verification due to a CLI request. Nothing triggered for me going from 10k to 30k.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamesdwi wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

if it happens as a result of a CLI request, they cancel your request if you don't respond with-in a timely manner.  

They cancel your request, and they also make a note in your file about your non-compliance, for future reference...

Message 7 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@fungoman wrote:

Just got off the phone with AMEX. After a 7-10 day message from a 180 day CLI request, I called in to see what was up, and was told they are sending me the 4506T income verification. No biggie, as the income provided for the CLI was my exact 2013 W-2 income from my tax return, which is less than my current year income. I will fill it out and submit it and see what they give me. Anyone have any luck requesting a higher amount upon review after they get your tax return transcript than what you originally requested?

I guess you could try to recon (though Amex isn't friendly at that), but basically what happens is you send in the form, and then (providing you fill it correctly, my last attempt took three tries for Amex to be happy) you eventually get a letter with your new CL, equal to or less than asked.   So don't know how you could insert a request for more in that process, unless you cancel the CLI request and try again with a bigger number.

Message 8 of 9
fungoman
Regular Contributor

I probably won't do that, and just go with trying to get it to 35K. My income supports it, so there shouldnt be any issues.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.