Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$4k need to spend on my CSP.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

$4k need to spend on my CSP.

Wow this is a lot, but I already spent $2.2k with the help of my authorized users Smiley Happy But this card is really expensive to get that bonus points Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: $4k need to spend on my CSP.

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow this is a lot, but I already spent $2.2k with the help of my authorized users Smiley Happy But this card is really expensive to get that bonus points Smiley Very Happy

Hopefully you realize that a relatively high level of spend is also needed to justify it long term.

But authorized users are definitely a help!

Message 2 of 9
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hopefully you realize that a relatively high level of spend is also needed to justify it long term.

Well, not really a very high level. I mean, if he/she can max out Freedom's $1.5k bonus categories every quarter (I've done it in most quarters) or otherwise earn about 30k UR points (so 6k in quarterly categories, or 15k in CSP categories, or some comination of both + regular categories), and has a valuation of UR at 1.33cpp or above (that is reasonable, one could get such valuation without much of a hassle. I myself am sceptic of 2cpp+ valuations but around 1.5 seems reasonable) then CSP is justified purely from the points transfer POV. 

The same UR points in Freedom (or Freedom plus old no-AF Chase Sapphire) will give $300 whereas transfers will give you right about $400, enough to cover the AF (any more and you're strictly green).

Message 3 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, not really a very high level. I mean, if he/she can max out Freedom's $1.5k bonus categories every quarter (I've done it in most quarters) or otherwise earn about 30k UR points (so 6k in quarterly categories, or 15k in CSP categories, or some comination of both + regular categories), and has a valuation of UR at 1.33cpp or above (that is reasonable, one could get such valuation without much of a hassle. I myself am sceptic of 2cpp+ valuations but around 1.5 seems reasonable) then CSP is justified purely from the points transfer POV. 

The same UR points in Freedom (or Freedom plus old no-AF Chase Sapphire) will give $300 whereas transfers will give you right about $400, enough to cover the AF (any more and you're strictly green).

@Ghoshida wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You're right - didn't notice OP had the Freedom - that makes it easier!

Message 4 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

This isn't that expensive. Smiley Tongue the SPG card is relatively low now ($3,000) but it used to be lke $6000 for the signup bonus. lol. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

4K in three months is up there as far as signup spend goes for current offererings. Realize the product before you apply.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

pay property taxes with it lol

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
4K in three months is up there as far as signup spend goes for current offererings. Realize the product before you apply.

Well yeah, i knew that before I applied for it. I mean I already spent $2.3k within 2 weeks since I got the card.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems like it was much simpler back when it was 2K, and 3K spend. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.