Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5/24 rule clarification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 5/24 rule clarification

There are members on here that have been 10/24 or even upwards of something like 30/24 that have been approved for Chase cards.  I'm assuming most of them had a pre-qualified offer, but don't know for sure.  It's just important to realize that while the 5/24 "rule" may apply the majority of the time, there are plenty of exceptions.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

There are members on here that have been 10/24 or even upwards of something like 30/24 that have been approved for Chase cards.  I'm assuming most of them had a pre-qualified offer, but don't know for sure.  It's just important to realize that while the 5/24 "rule" may apply the majority of the time, there are plenty of exceptions.

yea i understand that

it makes no sense they keep sending out offers if they end up denying the app for 5/24

Message 12 of 17
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Isn't it just the CSP/CSR that the 5/24 rule applies to?

For instance, even if I am at 11/24 (for example), I could still get Freedom and FU but not the CSP/CSR cards, correct? Or am I wrong in that thinking?

Not sure where I saw that at, but just wanted to clarify if that was true or not.

Freedom and Freedom U are subject to 5/24 all Chase bank cards and a few co-brand cards are subject to 5/24, like Southwest (there are posts on here about it) however their Disney and Amazon Prime cards are not subject to (just as an example) the 5/24 rule.

Message 13 of 17
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

@AllCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Isn't it just the CSP/CSR that the 5/24 rule applies to?

For instance, even if I am at 11/24 (for example), I could still get Freedom and FU but not the CSP/CSR cards, correct? Or am I wrong in that thinking?

Not sure where I saw that at, but just wanted to clarify if that was true or not.

Freedom and Freedom U are subject to 5/24 all Chase bank cards and a few co-brand cards are subject to 5/24, like Southwest (there are posts on here about it) however their Disney and Amazon Prime cards are not subject to (just as an example) the 5/24 rule.

You're totally right. not all the cards subject to 5/24 rule. 

I just found a link to clarifiy this. This should hep out: 

https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/chase-524-rule-and-its-solution/

Message 14 of 17
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pastnow123 wrote:

@newhis wrote:

1.- all cards, open and closed

2.- only credit cards

3.- 4, if you are at 5/24 it is too much

Most pre-quals, even if 5/24 or more, result in approval. Sometimes the bonus is higher if you app in a branch. You can check pre-quals in a branch too.

Great. Thanks a ton! Wow, even having 5 cards is too much for bank now? it sounds like pre-qual is the life-saver.

It's 5 within the last 2 years. Most people I know don't have 5 credit cards period, let alone recently opened. 

real life people, no; forum members, way more haha.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mattopotamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pastnow123 wrote:

@newhis wrote:

2.- only credit cards

Most pre-quals, even if 5/24 or more, result in approval. Sometimes the bonus is higher if you app in a branch. You can check pre-quals in a branch too.

Great. Thanks a ton! Wow, even having 5 cards is too much for bank now? it sounds like pre-qual is the life-saver.

It's 5 within the last 2 years. Most people I know don't have 5 credit cards period, let alone recently opened. 

I can't believe you would say such a thing.... forum members have rights too! Are you saying forum members aren't "real life humans"? AM I JUST A NUMBER TO YOU?!?!?! #FicoForumMembersUnite Forum members should be inclusive to the "real world society"! We are not separate, but equal!

Message 16 of 17
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

@Mattopotamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pastnow123 wrote:

@newhis wrote:

2.- only credit cards

Couldn't have said it better myself Smiley Tongue (for the record, 9/24 over here)

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.