Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5-7 Days Message for Discover Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

5-7 Days Message for Discover Card

So, I did a soft pull to see if I qualify for any pre-approvals and for the first time it pulled up the discover more rather then "at this moment you don't qualify or something message." 

I am reading this could mean approved just needs some things verified, anyone have a recent experience with that?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: 5-7 Days Message for Discover Card

Did it say "congratulations you have been pre-approved for..." or did it say "recommended offers" 

Unless it says "you have been pre-approved for" it's not a pre-approval

They did away with the "Sorry we couldn't find any offers for you at this time" 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

in that case im denied, it said recommended offers....should I even bother calling for recon?

Message 3 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

You already took the inquiry, wouldn't hurt to call for a recon. It's not like they can be like "Well you were just denied before, now you're SUPER DENIED!" 

Good luck, you never know what may happen, you might get lucky. 

Message 4 of 10
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

in that case im denied, it said recommended offers....should I even bother calling for recon?

Give them hell they deserve

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 5 of 10
awall41
Established Member

It sounds like there is a little confusion here.  Taking the soft pull on the preapproval page isn't an application.   You have to fill out the full form to officially apply for the card.  If you did fill out the full form then by all means recon, but it sounds like they just don't have any pre approved offers for you.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@awall41 wrote:

It sounds like there is a little confusion here.  Taking the soft pull on the preapproval page isn't an application.   You have to fill out the full form to officially apply for the card.  If you did fill out the full form then by all means recon, but it sounds like they just don't have any pre approved offers for you.

No, i know the difference between too.  Its just they no longer tell you "we are sorry there was no offers found or something.." it just says recommended offers so I thought that "pre-approval" and app'ed, but we will c ill call tomorrow morning.

Message 7 of 10
logan_720
Established Contributor

If yhou scroll further down the page, you will see the "We're sorry message" or something to that effect. I too thought I was pre-approved and then I went ahead and applied, but was approved on the spot without a preapproval.

Message 8 of 10
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

If you apply, try over the phone. They can transfer you quick to the underwriting department. Do it in the morning when all departments are open. It worked well with a family memeber of mine.
Message 9 of 10
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Definitely call them. When I applied for my Discover card it gave me that message. I called them pretty much the second they opened, spent about 20 minutes on the phone answering questions, and they approved me for $2500 when my only other card was a Cap1 with a $300 limit. It will only help if you call. You already have the hp.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.