Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Credit Cards all with CL <$900 and 2 year history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 Credit Cards all with CL <$900 and 2 year history

I have 5 credit cards all with $300/$500/$450/$500/$900 CL. Average of 2 year history. The $900 card has a 7 month history. How do I get credit limit increases on these cards? 3 of them are Capital One and they only do online or automated CL increases...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 5 Credit Cards all with CL <$900 and 2 year history

1. This thread will probably be moved because it is not an approval or granted cli post.

2. Combine your Cap1 cards into one card. If you are carrying balances, 2 of them must be paid off. Which cards are they? 

3. What is your utilization on your cards and who are the other issuers? 

Message 2 of 8
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

get one decent limit account and do not open more cards with toy limits

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Need more info. If most are C1 cards, most likely you are bracketed with cards that dont grow. Please add all pertinent info for better adviseSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1. Request CLI on all 3 cap1 cards. 1 might give and other 2 might not or 3 might give.

2. Combine all 3 cap1 into 1 cap1 card.

3. Who are the other 2 cards with? I would probably close them.

4. Do you know what your credit score is currently?

5. check the discover card pre-qualify on website.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disco may be your best bet for a better CL. Look at my siggy they're almost 6x my next highest limit.

Granted if anything -- especially util -- is bad they won't like you either.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't open any more credit cards. You said that 3 of these cards are with CapOne, a major bank. So as other people have said, you should merge those 3 into one capone card for a higher Spending Limit.

Then, once that is done, make a big purchase and pay it off, to within 3% of the remaining bal. Let it sit for 1-2 cycles and then pay it off  to $0.

Who are the other two with?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't open any more credit cards. You said that 3 of these cards are with CapOne, a major bank. So as other people have said, you should merge those 3 into one capone card for a higher Spending Limit.

Then, once that is done, make a big purchase and pay it off, to within 3% of the remaining bal. Let it sit for 1-2 cycles and then pay it off  to $0.

I wouldnt merge 5 accounts into 3 accounts especially if they're all seeded 2 years, because 5 credit card accounts is the minimum for the strongest FICO profile, assuming all 5 cards are 2+ years old.

If he applies for new cards, then he can merge older ones if he wants to.  I would never go from 5 open cards to less than 5 open cards.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.