Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$5 Starbucks GC from Barclays

tag
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Re: $5 Starbucks GC from Barclays

@wasCB14 wrote:

No free coffee for me, but every redemption on a still un-nerfed Sallie feels like getting a little gift.

Good point. I almost would have bet money that it would have been nerfed by now since it has been discontinued for a year.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 11 of 18
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@barthooper wrote:

I was just wondering today if these had been delivered yet, since I believe the message said mid October they'd arrive.

No message for moi?  And they see a lot of spend, since I switched to just one card. Smiley Sad

Signature needs updating
Message 12 of 18
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@barthooper wrote:

I was just wondering today if these had been delivered yet, since I believe the message said mid October they'd arrive.

No message for moi?  And they see a lot of spend, since I switched to just one card. Smiley Sad

It may only be for people with the Barclay Rewards Mastercard for some reason. I base this on evidence from reading forum posts as well as how my SO has a Sallie but not a rewards and was not targeted. This goes for a couple of other friends as well. I initially got the popup when I switched to my Rewards account via Barclays site and then they sent an email later.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 13 of 18
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

@barthooper wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@barthooper wrote:

It may only be for people with the Barclay Rewards Mastercard for some reason. I base this on evidence from reading forum posts as well as how my SO has a Sallie but not a rewards and was not targeted. This goes for a couple of other friends as well. I initially got the popup when I switched to my Rewards account via Barclays site and then they sent an email later.

Mine was for my Apple Rewards card, which right now has a financed Apple purchase I am still paying off interest free (and no other spending).

Message 14 of 18
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

I have the Rewards MC version with Barclays and no free coffee. Maybe it's like AvgJoe said, they don't want to ruin my taste buds. {edited/content removed for security reasons...}

They know!! Lol

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 15 of 18
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@barthooper wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@barthooper wrote:

For added data points--- I have both the Sallie and Rewards.

Message 16 of 18
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Got the same gift card today and my account is closed. I appreciated it though.

I closed my account earlier this month and received my $5 giftcard on yesterday! THANKS Barclay!!! Smiley Wink

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MASTERNC wrote:

@barthooper wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@barthooper wrote:

Mine was for my Apple Rewards card, which right now has a financed Apple purchase I am still paying off interest free (and no other spending).

Mines and DH was Apple Rewards and my moms was Rewards MC, all three of us got them but of course I'm the only coffee drinker, reload Starbucks app on Barclay (would have preferred an auto CLI then I could reload it with more than $15 lol

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.