Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5% cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 5% cards?

I think Amex has a 5% card, old Blue Cash card. Min spend requirement but 5% after that. LTL can chime in if he stops by.

Message 31 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

Discover, GM BuyPower and Freedom - all with limitations, but those come to mind not counting some Gas cards. All are "national bank cards" and have no AF. Ebates .would probably fall in there too if you play their game right. 

Nusenda has a 5% rotator card. join New Mexico Wilderness Alliance if you dont have any other way to qualify for membership.  http://www.nmefcu.org/home/loans-and-credit/credit-cards

plus most of the cards in my Signature, of course.

how in the heck do you find these odd ball places and cards then bring spread sheets to back them lol Smiley Happy

Interesting categories...how do they figure *education expenses*

Message 32 of 44
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

what cards offer 5% in rewards? do any have no af?

There are a lot of options.  Instead of expecting everyone to list every 5% card out there you should start with your spend to see where you'd benefit from 5% rewards as that will narrow down the list.  Don't just look at AF.  Consider total cost/benefit for your spend.  Run the numbers.

@MstrPTato wrote:

I think Amex has a 5% card, old Blue Cash card. Min spend requirement but 5% after that. LTL can chime in if he stops by.

Info is on their site but you may need to go incognito or clear cookies.  Look for the "Looking for an earlier version of the Blue Cash Card?" link under the Blue Cash Everyday.

Message 33 of 44
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

If Fid Amex Black AF could be waived based on the amount of your assets at Fidelity (similar to how BofA Platinum privileges work) I might bite.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 34 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom [rotating 5%]

Discover It [rotating 5%]

US Bank Cash+ [5% options, you choose]

Barclay's Sallie Mae [gas 5%, bookstores 5% and groceries 5%]

Sam's Club Mastercard [5% gas...3% travel and 3% restaurants are pretty strong categories too]

Citi Dividend [no longer being issued, but rotating 5%]

Chase Ink Cash Business [office supply stores, cell phone, landline, internet and cable TV are all 5%]

Those cards together would equal a deadly combination if used correctly.  Then Citi Double Cash and Fidelity AMEX for non-5% category purchases, like mdeical bills or utilities. 

Message 35 of 44
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sam's Club Mastercard [5% gas...3% travel and 3% restaurants are pretty strong categories too]

Chase Ink Cash Business [office supply stores, cell phone, landline, internet and cable TV are all 5%]

Those cards together would equal a deadly combination if used correctly.  Then Citi Double Cash and Fidelity AMEX for non-5% category purchases, like mdeical bills or utilities. 

If you allow dividend, add Citi Forward (5x on dining, entertainment and bookstores)

And Old Blue Cash, 5% on groceries, gas and drug stores.

Message 36 of 44
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Since OP ostensibly has no 5% card and is wanting to obtain their first, listing discontinued cards seems to be of little benefit here.

Message 37 of 44
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you allow dividend, add Citi Forward (5x on dining, entertainment and bookstores)

And Old Blue Cash, 5% on groceries, gas and drug stores.

Then start adding in the business cards... Smiley Wink

best to figure out what spending categories you use, and then look for best cards. i sugest this list for most typical categories:  http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2012/11/09/best-category-bonuses/

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 38 of 44
northface28
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

or Fidelity AMEX.  That brings in 2% as well if you have a cash mgmt account with them

(fancy name for a checking account..  which is one of their awesome products)

Cash Management account is the bomb.. Completly Free, no check fees, no min balance, reimbursed for al atm withdrawls.. Can it get much better and a SP..  Getting hit up all the time for a FIA Fidelity Amex now from them, I will cave eventually, just can't now

LOL, the bolded reminds me of that Fast Food commercial, with the "out the times guy" when he says "this burger is the bomb". No one, and I mean no one says that anymore. Smiley LOL

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 39 of 44
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

IIRC, Wells Fargo and TD Bank has 5% but it is promotional to 6 and 3 months respectively.

+1 i had that and was in horrid shock when after 6 months. i went down to a pultry 1 percent. it was great for 6 months. across the board. canceled on the 1 year anniversary however. Smiley Embarassed

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.