Reply
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

5 figure CLI Amex 61 days CLI?

I was wondering if anyone had good luck with requesting a $5,000 credit limit or more and getting 3x increase without a financial review.

 

I see $1,000 credit cards getting $3,000 , but how about my $5,500 going to $16,500? =) it would still be lower than my Navy CL by $500 but how much would you ask for? loland how many successes with a high limit


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: 5 figure CLI Amex 61 days CLI?

It doesn't hurt to ask. They will counter if they want to offer you less. It seems like FRs being triggered via CLI occur when total credit exposure exceeds $35k.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: 5 figure CLI Amex 61 days CLI?

I think I'll wait past 61 days cause I just charged $15,000 on my Navy LOL, cause I used the convient check to put down on a house LOL, since I needed extra $15,000 cash to put down on a house for a cash only offer =)   once they see I charge $15,000 on my Navy and paid it off completely it should reflect very good , since my Navy interest rates are cheaper than most people's mortgages a few years ago it should be fun =)

 

I'll pay it off completely in about 3 months.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Regular Contributor
DesertLife
Posts: 134
Registered: ‎07-09-2012
0

Re: 5 figure CLI Amex 61 days CLI?


Dustink wrote:

It doesn't hurt to ask. They will counter if they want to offer you less. It seems like FRs being triggered via CLI occur when total credit exposure exceeds $35k.


When you say total credit exposure, do you mean the CL for that one card exceeding $35k, or the total amount of credit you have among all banks (which is what I presume)?


Starting Score: EX: 717; EQ 723; TU 732
2014 Current Score: PenFed FICO NextGen 781 (5/14); Discover FICO08 790 (7/14); EX 748 (4/14); EQ 737 (4/14); TU 761 (5/14)
Goal Score: All 775+
Available Credit: $100K+
Gardening Since: April 17 2014
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: 5 figure CLI Amex 61 days CLI?


DesertLife wrote:

Dustink wrote:

It doesn't hurt to ask. They will counter if they want to offer you less. It seems like FRs being triggered via CLI occur when total credit exposure exceeds $35k.


When you say total credit exposure, do you mean the CL for that one card exceeding $35k, or the total amount of credit you have among all banks (which is what I presume)?


Total credit among AMEX. For example you have a BCP at 25k and an SPG at 7,500, requesting 3x on SPG may trigger FR.

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: 5 figure CLI Amex 61 days CLI?

[ Edited ]

[Deleted[

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: 5 figure CLI Amex 61 days CLI?


distantarray wrote:

I think I'll wait past 61 days cause I just charged $15,000 on my Navy LOL, cause I used the convient check to put down on a house LOL, since I needed extra $15,000 cash to put down on a house for a cash only offer =)   once they see I charge $15,000 on my Navy and paid it off completely it should reflect very good , since my Navy interest rates are cheaper than most people's mortgages a few years ago it should be fun =)

 

I'll pay it off completely in about 3 months.


Sounds like a good plan.

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: 5 figure CLI Amex 61 days CLI?

yea it should reflect good that I can manage a $15,000 balance fairly quickly, even at the time frame that keeps amex happy :smileywink: since they don't like people carrying large balances for past 3 months even on their credit cards.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
tray
Posts: 1,461
Registered: ‎01-29-2008
0

Re: 5 figure CLI Amex 61 days CLI?


Dustink wrote:

DesertLife wrote:

Dustink wrote:

It doesn't hurt to ask. They will counter if they want to offer you less. It seems like FRs being triggered via CLI occur when total credit exposure exceeds $35k.


When you say total credit exposure, do you mean the CL for that one card exceeding $35k, or the total amount of credit you have among all banks (which is what I presume)?


Total credit among AMEX. For example you have a BCP at 25k and an SPG at 7,500, requesting 3x on SPG may trigger FR.

 


Do you know someone who was actually triggered for a fr, or is there a recent thread about this issue, reason why I am asking in a few days I am going to request a cli on my amex costco and i have a bcp cl of 22K, thanks for any information.


Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: 5 figure CLI Amex 61 days CLI?

[ Edited ]

tray wrote:

Dustink wrote:

DesertLife wrote:

Dustink wrote:

It doesn't hurt to ask. They will counter if they want to offer you less. It seems like FRs being triggered via CLI occur when total credit exposure exceeds $35k.


When you say total credit exposure, do you mean the CL for that one card exceeding $35k, or the total amount of credit you have among all banks (which is what I presume)?


Total credit among AMEX. For example you have a BCP at 25k and an SPG at 7,500, requesting 3x on SPG may trigger FR.

 


Do you know someone who was actually triggered for a fr, or is there a recent thread about this issue, reason why I am asking in a few days I am going to request a cli on my amex costco and i have a bcp cl of 22K, thanks for any information.


It is all hearsay from various boards online. Your experience may vary. There is no set criteria for FR.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}