cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 for 5. Streak still Alive! Chase Freedom 1.5k CL.

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: 5 for 5. Streak still Alive! Chase Freedom 1.5k CL.

@Duncanrr wrote:
@Calihlove. I had to get that one in. Now I just have to convince my local banker to not do a HP on me to open checking account.

@creditnocash. I'll be in garden for a while. Only SP's for me.

Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Surprised

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 29
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! No better way to enjoy LSU football than with crown and coke and rotel nachos!

Congrats on app spree; geaux tigers!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 22 of 29
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Duncanrr wrote:
Yup. I'm also going to be hyper-sensitive to how much I charge on cards. Baby steps into the new accounts.

Also, I'm eligible for 10/10 program. Anyway I can setup chase checking without hard pull?

Late response but didn't see an answer in the thread: Chase doesn't HP for checking.  May check Chexsystems.

        
Message 23 of 29
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Thanks.  I was going to beg a banker to use cc pulled data if they did.  My current bank Whitney did do a hard pull when I opened one.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 29
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to be a little off topic. My Walmart card bought myself last night a 65" TV with 0% apr for 18 months @ 1030pm and hooked up by 330am. Full surround sound and I think I will have too apply for a Care Credit card for a hearing aid.Smiley LOL

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 25 of 29
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Nice.  I have some nice 0% ARP right now but I dont intend to use it unless my SBA loan fall through.

Message 26 of 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Well I blame the multiple drinks I had last night while I watched LSU game. I apped while at a bar. I had to recon this one and I thought my streak had ended. Thank you Victoria, Chase CSR, for keeping it alive. They pulled EX and were most concerned with my cap1 auto mess. I explained I was fighting it with cap1 and why I had apped prior to clearing it up, thank u hurricane Isaac, and gave her dates and amounts of last 14 consecutive auto payments. She was impressed by this and probably felt a little sorry for me (my SBA-disaster inquiry was on report) and approved me for 1.5k!!! I also told her why I apped for Chase amazon and how happy I was to have that card. ---no more apps for me. I'm DONE. 5 for 5 the streak is still alive!

Now this is a new one! Has the recon convinced you to stop apping? At some point you're going to be shooting yourself in the foot. You've yet to see the FICO effect. And too many CCs at once has been known to cause AA  (not to be confused w/alcoholic's anonymous! Smiley Tongue) from CCs.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 27 of 29
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Yup the recon was the cure for my app itch.  (see my sig)  Im done.  Ive gotten all the cards that I want and that Im currently eligible for so I'm  happy with them.  I actually only took a hit from 1 card in reference to my AAoA.  The two AMEX cards are back dated to 1993 (they are actually UPSIng my backdated ZYNC to me right now).  My AAoA prior to apping was 10.1 years.  So the two AMEX cards basically wipe out the negative of two new non-AMEX cards and keep my AAoA at 10 years.  That leaves one card to hit AAoA.

Walmart is already reporting on my EX report and no other card has started reporting yet.  My AAoA went from 10.1 to 9.8.  By time I apply for anything else I'll be back over 10 again.  Im not expecting too much of a hit from AAoA.

Message 28 of 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Amex backdating is a great cure for new-card AAoA drops! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.