Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 new CC Offers within 2-3 weeks!!!

tag
virgoprincess823
Regular Contributor

5 new CC Offers within 2-3 weeks!!!

My scores are in the low to mid 600's, my BK doesn't drop until 2012 and I have high utility on 3 out of 6 cc's. What gives on the offers?? I haven't had a CC offer in over 7 years!!!

• 2 Offers from Orchard Bank - I trashed these
  • 1 Platinum Visa (looks like HSBC) - I'm gonna trash this
  • 1 Platinum MC (looks like HSBC) - I'm gonna trash this
  • 1 Platinum Capital One - no annual fee  - I may hold onto this - intro rate 0% until May 2011 then up to 22.9% (Mind you I had Capital One after my BK and I went over my limit, they charged off my account and I settled the amount for less. So it's weird to have gotten an offer. The letter starts with this:

"Record's as of July 26, 2010 show you've successfully put bankruptcy behind you. And we'd like to welcome you back with a card offer that can help rebuild your good credit."

What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 5 new CC Offers within 2-3 weeks!!!

@virgoprincess823 wrote:

My scores are in the low to mid 600's, my BK doesn't drop until 2012 and I have high utility on 3 out of 6 cc's. What gives on the offers?? I haven't had a CC offer in over 7 years!!!

• 2 Offers from Orchard Bank - I trashed these
  • 1 Platinum Visa (looks like HSBC) - I'm gonna trash this
  • 1 Platinum MC (looks like HSBC) - I'm gonna trash this
  • 1 Platinum Capital One - no annual fee  - I may hold onto this - intro rate 0% until May 2011 then up to 22.9% (Mind you I had Capital One after my BK and I went over my limit, they charged off my account and I settled the amount for less. So it's weird to have gotten an offer. The letter starts with this:

"Record's as of July 26, 2010 show you've successfully put bankruptcy behind you. And we'd like to welcome you back with a card offer that can help rebuild your good credit."

What do you guys think?

I would skip any offers for awhile, Opt-out of future offers and work towards getting your utilization down.

But that's just me.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 2 of 6
virgoprincess823
Regular Contributor

@marinevietvet

Any clue as to why I would get so many pre-approved offers after 7 years? I bought a house in November, and also a car for my husband in January and one for myself last month. No problems getting financing. I'm just curious as to why I'm receiving these offers. Also, If I got one with a decent limit it may help my over utilization until I can get them paid off.

Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@virgoprincess823 wrote:

@MarineVietVet

Any clue as to why I would get so many pre-approved offers after 7 years? I bought a house in November, and also a car for my husband in January and one for myself last month. No problems getting financing. I'm just curious as to why I'm receiving these offers. Also, If I got one with a decent limit it may help my over utilization until I can get them paid off.

It's the business of CCC's to know when to offer credit and to whom. I don't think it was by mere chance that you started getting offers. It's up to you whether you apply for another card but I wouldn't do it.

Just my 2 cents.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 4 of 6
sgs10
Regular Contributor

None of them is good. I do all of these offers, shell gas card etc in a bunch and nothing for few months then. Probably they all are handled by the same marketing company. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although in your specific case, the time that passed after your bankruptcy might play a role in why you get so many offers now, I have to say that I get currently swamped with cc offers, too. And in my case, nothing really changed. Credit card companies seem to have switched to much more aggressive marketing recently, after they had been pretty quiet for a long time.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.