cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$5 statement credit from AMEX for every $25 BP gas purchase if you sync you account with twitter

tag
amakol
Regular Contributor

Re: $5 statement credit from AMEX for every $25 BP gas purchase if you sync you account with twitter

Will be buying all my gas at BP for the holiday season. This is the best gas offer I've ever seen - is it effectively up to 20% back in points if you play it right? Too good to be believed. The Exxon-Mobil offer isn't bad either but one-time for me too.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 31 of 43
Beane
Regular Contributor

Re: $5 statement credit from AMEX for every $25 BP gas purchase if you sync you account with twitter

Already got the ExxonMobil credit and one BP credit after my weekend of traveling.

FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Message 32 of 43
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

Used my AMEX at BP and immediately got an email saying thanks for using your synced card. I still haven't received the $5 back. Linked my card with Facebook and got a Murphy's offer and Exxon, too.
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 33 of 43
antae
New Contributor

Already received a BP statement credit of $5.  This is a great offer.  Amex sent email thanking me for using synched card before I left the station.  The $5 credit posted in 2-3 business days after posting date of purchase.  Hope this helps some with credit posting questions.

Amex BCP 25k '11 - Amex PRG '11 - Chase Sapphire 17.5k '95 - Citi Platinum Select 11.5k '93
Message 34 of 43
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@antae wrote:

Already received a BP statement credit of $5.  This is a great offer.  Amex sent email thanking me for using synched card before I left the station.  The $5 credit posted in 2-3 business days after posting date of purchase.  Hope this helps some with credit posting questions.

Same thing here. I just got back into town from my weekend get-a-way. I received an email from Amex almost immediately after I used my card at the stations -- Mobile and BP respectively. I used Mobile on the way out of town, BP for the trip back. The $5 credit for my Mobile purchase appeared this morning, and I expect the one for BP will appear soon. These really are great deals.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 35 of 43
john398
Senior Contributor

@bonehead88 wrote:

Will be buying all my gas at BP for the holiday season. This is the best gas offer I've ever seen - is it effectively up to 20% back in points if you play it right? Too good to be believed. The Exxon-Mobil offer isn't bad either but one-time for me too.

For me was not points but a statement credit, but that was with Murphy USA, Waitting for the ExxonMobil  to post

Message 36 of 43
leoment
Frequent Contributor

I used this Saturday night at BP, Amex sent an e-mail confirming immediately (at 12:30 AM haha).

I signed up for the BP and Exxon deal, but I'll likely be using the BP one as both are equidistant from me and have the same prices.

Fantastic deal since I have a long commute weekly for school!

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 37 of 43
ksjhwk

Has anybody received more than one BP statement credit yet? I received one on Saturday for a Thursday purchase but haven't received one for a Sunday purchase. I received the thank you for using your synced card email both times but noticed today that on the Amex website the offer is showing as redeemed. Now I'm wondering if I'll get more than the one credit?
Message 38 of 43
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

I also have a question. Has anyone used this along with a bp rewards card (not credit card. . Just a rewards card free to sign up for)

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 39 of 43
Beane
Regular Contributor

@ksjhwk wrote:
Has anybody received more than one BP statement credit yet? I received one on Saturday for a Thursday purchase but haven't received one for a Sunday purchase. I received the thank you for using your synced card email both times but noticed today that on the Amex website the offer is showing as redeemed. Now I'm wondering if I'll get more than the one credit?

As of this morning I've received my second $5 BP credit.

FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.