cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$5 statement credit from AMEX for every $25 BP gas purchase if you sync you account with twitter

tag
Beane
Regular Contributor

$5 statement credit from AMEX for every $25 BP gas purchase if you sync you account with twitter

AMEX is offering a $5 statement credit for every BP gas purchase at the pump of $25 or more when you sync your AMEX with Twitter and tweet #AmexBP

Full details available in this slickdeals link:  $5 AMEX Statement Credit

Here is what it looked like on my account after I did it in "My Offers"

FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: $5 statement credit from AMEX for every $25 BP gas purchase if you sync you account with twitter

@Beane wrote:

AMEX is offering a $5 statement credit for every BP gas purchase at the pump of $25 or more when you sync your AMEX with Twitter and tweet #AmexBP

Full details available in this slickdeals link:  $5 AMEX Statement Credit

Here is what it looked like on my account after I did it in "My Offers"

You only get the offer once per card holder (not individual card) so it's really only a one time savings of $5..

Still pretty awesome!

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 43
Beane
Regular Contributor

Re: $5 statement credit from AMEX for every $25 BP gas purchase if you sync you account with twitter

Yeah the wording on their disclosure is a bit hazy.  I'm guessing it's only once per card also.

The one part says "Receive a $5 statement credit each time you make a single purchase of $25 or more at the pump at any BP station by 12/31/13."

but the fine print says "Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels."

The good news is I use my AMEX for gas purchases anyway so it's just a bonus to me even if it's only $5 once.

FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Message 3 of 43
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Beane wrote:

Yeah the wording on their disclosure is a bit hazy.  I'm guessing it's only once per card also.

The one part says "Receive a $5 statement credit each time you make a single purchase of $25 or more at the pump at any BP station by 12/31/13."

but the fine print says "Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels."

The good news is I use my AMEX for gas purchases anyway so it's just a bonus to me even if it's only $5 once.

Didn't see the fine print, that is odd!  There is also a Mobil offer, but that clearly states "1x" (and $30 min) so I was assuming that this one was multiple.

Message 4 of 43
Beane
Regular Contributor

Yeah, I just signed up for that one as well.  Here's the terms for the ExxonMobil one:  Amex $5 Statement Credit for $30+ ExxonMobil gas purchase

Message 5 of 43
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I just wrote to them asking what it meant and will update.

The second clause *might* mean, one statement credit (per purchase) even if you sign up for the offer in multiple ways....

Message 6 of 43
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like a great deal! i wish I had a BP station close to me. I'd have to burn $5.00 gas or more just to get to one. Smiley Very Happy

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 7 of 43
Beane
Regular Contributor

They're all around me and I'm about to take a long driving trip this weekend with BPs all along the way so i guess I'll test this out.

Message 8 of 43
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I saw this through Offers for You tab on the Amex website. I was also offered $5 cash back with a $30 ExxonMobile purchase. Since I'm going out of town this weekend, I'm all set for discounts on gas. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 9 of 43
Beane
Regular Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

I saw this through Offers for You tab on the Amex website. I was also offered $5 cash back with a $30 ExxonMobile purchase. Since I'm going out of town this weekend, I'm all set for discounts on gas. Smiley Happy

Yep, AMEX will be paying me $10 to drive this weekend. 

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.