Did you mean: 

$50 Amazon gift card for app'ing?

tag
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: $50 Amazon gift card for app'ing?

@ficojoe wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

Thanks for pointing this out. I just applied for a Costal Federal Credit Union "Coastal Big Ticket Card." 0% interest for 6 months on all purchases over $600 for the life of the card. How awesome is that? I requested a $7,500. Refered to a loan officer for review... We'll see. 

I checked my credit reports and it looks like they pulled Equifax, my FICO is about 700 at the moment. Lots of inquiries and new accounts, which might scare them. Having a forever 0% interest option sounds pretty great though. Sometimes I just want to finance for 3 months or so. Hope to hear an approval tomorrow. Smiley Happy

Good luck! It really does look like a very interesting card.

Interest-Free Financing whenever you need it with Coastal's Big Ticket Card.

• 6 months of 0% APR financing on purchases and balance transfers of $600 or more
  • No balance transfer fee
Message 21 of 29
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

Thanks for pointing this out. I just applied for a Costal Federal Credit Union "Coastal Big Ticket Card." 0% interest for 6 months on all purchases over $600 for the life of the card. How awesome is that? I requested a $7,500. Refered to a loan officer for review... We'll see. 

I checked my credit reports and it looks like they pulled Equifax, my FICO is about 700 at the moment. Lots of inquiries and new accounts, which might scare them. Having a forever 0% interest option sounds pretty great though. Sometimes I just want to finance for 3 months or so. Hope to hear an approval tomorrow. Smiley Happy

• 6 months of 0% APR financing on purchases and balance transfers of $600 or more

Qualifications are:

Must be a resident of North Carolina, Virgina or South Carolina.

I'm out. Lol.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 22 of 29
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

Qualifications are:

Must be a resident of North Carolina, Virgina or South Carolina.

I'm out. Lol.

There's a loophole to join for out-of-state residents:

To accept this credit offer you must become a member of Coastal Federal Credit Union. You may be eligible for membership through an immediate family member or one of our more than 1,000 companies and associations we serve. If you are not eligible through one of these methods, you will be required to establish a membership with the North Carolina Consumers Council (NCCC) or the North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association (NCSEA). The NCCC or NCSEA require a low, one-time fee of $18.00. In addition a Primary Savings account will need to be established with your membership, which typically requires a deposit of $100. However, Coastal will reduce this amount to $5.00.

Message 23 of 29
HiLine
Blogger

Some of the offers through Amazon do not cover the standard bonus, or are not as good as other semi-public offers. So be cautious. 

For example, using the Card Builder function, you can get a $200 cash bonus for the Discover More, rather than the $50 amazon gift card.

Message 24 of 29
nishant1
New Contributor

Amazon credit card $50 bonus at Amazon.com and Only $30 on Chase.com

Chase-Amazon credit card offers $50 bonus with Amazon.com application and Only $30 when applied on Chase.com

I applied on Amazon.com and used it for Xmas shopping on Amazon.

However future 3% cashback on Amazon cannot be combined with Chase Freedom or Chase Sapphire Preferred.

Message 25 of 29
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

Any updates? Good luck, fingers crossed!

Message 26 of 29
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

bump

Message 27 of 29
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

The notice told me a loan officer would ocntant me within 24 hours. That did not happen. I called in today and was told that I was denied for the $7,500 that I requested. I asked if the amount was the problem and if it would be approved for a lower amount. I was told that the call center does not know and I should wait to get a letter with more information and I might be able to work something out with the department that sends the letter.

I was also first told that I shouldn't have applied without being a member first. Then after being put on hold, was given the above information insteas. Apparently the Amazon offer is a little different than their usual routine.

Message 28 of 29
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

The notice told me a loan officer would ocntant me within 24 hours. That did not happen. I called in today and was told that I was denied for the $7,500 that I requested. I asked if the amount was the problem and if it would be approved for a lower amount. I was told that the call center does not know and I should wait to get a letter with more information and I might be able to work something out with the department that sends the letter.

I was also first told that I shouldn't have applied without being a member first. Then after being put on hold, was given the above information insteas. Apparently the Amazon offer is a little different than their usual routine.

It shouldn't make a difference that you applied via the Amazon link -- I probably wouldn't even mention it. Coastal's credit card application process specifically asks whether or not you're a member, which leads me to believe that you can just simply join after getting approved for the credit card. This is how it works with a lot of credit unions. If you want to play it safe, join the CU first (when applying for other CU's in the future). I recommend you talk to a loan officer tomorrow when their bank staff is back to work from the New Year's holiday. Good luck!

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.