cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50% CLI Increase on Citi WITHOUT me asking!!!

tag
smile90000
New Contributor

50% CLI Increase on Citi WITHOUT me asking!!!

A year ago I got a new Citi Simplicity card. I got it because I knew I would have a $6000 expense coming up and I wanted to get the 21 months without interest. 

Well today I logged into my account and noticed that my credit limit increased from 8000 to 12000! 

On one hand this is good, as I was working to pay the card down to below 50% utilization and now it is down to below 50%...way below the 50% thanks to the credit limit increase. 

However, I have a few questions

1. I also have Citi's Double Cash, which is the best card ever!!!!  Will the Simplicity increase greatly impact my ability to get an increase on the Citi Double Cash?  I just used the Simplicity for this one large purchase and have no desire to use it in the future. 

2. Can I shift the available credit from one to the other once I've paid off the Simplicity balance? If so, how does one do that? 

3. Is there any negative to having too much available credit as a whole? 

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
noobody
Established Contributor

Re: 50% CLI Increase on Citi WITHOUT me asking!!!

Congratulations on your auto CLI, I got similar increase at 5 month mark via SP.

#1: Depend on overall exposure Citi willing to grant you. if your income is decent, you will be fine.

#2: Moving CL is HP at Citi field.

#3: Same as #1, if you are going to apply other CIti product in the future, overall exposure might be in play, depend on your income and credit profile.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 2 of 4
smile90000
New Contributor

Thanks for letting me know that moving CL is a hard pull in Citi field.  I honestly wouldn't have guessed that. I will wait and see if Citi DC gives me my next SP 6-month increase before I think about moving things around a bit.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi has been giving my wife exact same $1600 for the last 6-7 CLI. She has Citi Forward and a Double Cash. I request every 6 months on each card and they oblig with the same $1600 everytime.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.