cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$500 CL Capital One MC gets huge CLI!

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: $500 CL Capital One MC gets huge CLI!

What i'm surprised is a rebuilder card that has that much of a CLI possibility.

My $500 cap one I was told can only go to $3000 max and they still wont even give me a CLI.

Message 41 of 60
BlueBiscuit

I had all but forgot about that card, clinging to it just for the AAoA.    It started as a $300 limit with the "promise" of a CLI after 6 months.   It took a year for it to go up to $500.   I've just been eating that $39 AF, now it seems worth it as it's now my highest CL card by far.

BB

Message 42 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! i just got one of $250 today, I'll take anything they give me.

Message 43 of 60
jamesewells

I have 3 Cap1 accounts I have had for years (6+)  with a $500 limit on each. I pay in full every month, but have been using them rather infrequently. Being Christmas, I decided to use them for small purchases to keep some activity on them. After logging into my account to pay the bill this AM, I happened to glance at my available credit on one of the cards and I almost fell over. They raised the limit on one of the cards by $2000 for a total of $2500. I had pretty much forgotten about these cards, so imagine my surprise. Maybe they are in a "giving" spirit this time of year...

Message 44 of 60
casmith1980
Established Contributor

*logs in to Capital one to see if my increase has shown up*

Nope...this bites. 

But congrats nonetheless Smiley Wink

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 45 of 60
CS800
Super Contributor

@jamesewells wrote:

I have 3 Cap1 accounts I have had for years (6+)  with a $500 limit on each. I pay in full every month, but have been using them rather infrequently. Being Christmas, I decided to use them for small purchases to keep some activity on them. After logging into my account to pay the bill this AM, I happened to glance at my available credit on one of the cards and I almost fell over. They raised the limit on one of the cards by $2000 for a total of $2500. I had pretty much forgotten about these cards, so imagine my surprise. Maybe they are in a "giving" spirit this time of year...

Congrats on your CLI.

I have two cards with them; one with a $1100 CL (I was told this was the max this card would go) with a $39 AF, then the $500 (ceiling $3000 as I was told) with a $60 AF

No joy for me

Message 46 of 60
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@CK_Charles_Lover wrote:

That Gives us all some hope. I wonder when the CS guy decided to give you the CLI if he had to walk arount Capital One asking.... Hey GUYS anyone know where those credit increase papers are? No we haven't seen them in years. Call up managaement see if they know. They said ask Tom but he was fired after giving out that credit increase back in the summer of '05!!!  

LOL!!!

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 47 of 60
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Still hanging on to a thread of hope the Cap1 will increase my CL. I want to garden in 2012 so I'll probably not be applying for any more cards any time soon.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 48 of 60
LS2982
Mega Contributor

LMAO @ mustang ducking this thread................GET IN HERE AND GET IT IN!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 49 of 60
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@BlueBiscuit wrote:

My oldest card of 5 years that was stuck at a CL of $500.   It was a "rebuilding" card that they never budged on and I just sock drawered it for months.   Letter in the mail today - " Your new credit line is $8000.00  That's an increase of $7500.00."    I almost never use CC's anymore, but that will help with my revolving %'s.  Good times!

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/b9225

Edited the names out.  Sorry Marine.

Oh poo!!! I didnt get to see the letter!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 50 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.