cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$500 bonus for spending $2500 in three cycles; targeted (I think) offer for Alliant CU Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

$500 bonus for spending $2500 in three cycles; targeted (I think) offer for Alliant CU Visa

Wasn't looking to apply for anything, but $500 is too good a bonus to pass up on. After cancelling my Citi AA Visa, I was down to under 40 cards for almost a week! Back up to 40 now. (My sig needs some maintenance.)

Promo code is VISA113

Here's the link they sent me:
http://www.alliantcreditunion.org/visa-platinum-rewards-visa113?utm_source=VISA&utm_medium=email&utm...

Per the fine print (below), the offer is only available to targeted members. And following the "Apply" link made me log into my Alliant CU account, which would reinforce that you have to be a current Alliant member. OTOH, within the application itself, it mentioned that applying for the card would also apply you for membership in Alliant CU, so maybe if you find the CC app from the Alliant site, you can still apply using the promo code and get the offer. YMMV.

Chris.

Fine print:

1 This offer is not transferable and can only be used by the person to whom it is addressed. Loan approval and APR based on creditworthiness and ability to repay. See the Alliant Credit Union Visa Disclosure for more information. Offer expires March 31, 2016.

2 To earn the 50,000 bonus Alliant Rewards points, new cardholder must spend $2,500 or more in purchases on his/her Alliant Credit Union Visa Platinum Rewards credit card during the first three billing cycles after the account is opened. Points will be awarded and posted to the account, if applicable, by the fourth billing cycle after the account is opened. Must accept by March 31, 2016, to be eligible to earn the 50,000 bonus Alliant Rewards points.

3 The cash advance fee is 2% of the amount of the advance, but not less than $10. We will begin charging interest on cash advances on the transaction date. The foreign transaction fee is 1% of each transaction where the merchant country differs from the country of the card issuer. The minimum payment required is 3% of your balance or $25, whichever is greater, plus the amount of any prior minimum payments that you have not made. The annual percentage rate may vary after the account is opened.

See the Alliant Credit Union Visa Disclosure for more information.

4 Cash Back option is redeemable as an account credit to your Alliant Credit Union Visa Platinum Rewards credit card account balance.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
djshifted
Regular Contributor

Re: $500 bonus for spending $2500 in three cycles; targeted (I think) offer for Alliant CU Visa

That seems like a fantastic offer.  Too bad I likely won't pass their UW standards Smiley Wink

Starting Scores (12/2012):EX 506; EQ 511; TU 518 | Current Scores (01/2016):EX 662; EQ 656; TU 653
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: $500 bonus for spending $2500 in three cycles; targeted (I think) offer for Alliant CU Visa

It's a good deal.

Message 3 of 10
manyquestions
Established Contributor

If you don't mind, what kind of credit limit did you get?

Message 4 of 10
trant3
Established Contributor

does allaint pull chex for membership?

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@manyquestions wrote:

If you don't mind, what kind of credit limit did you get?

I was asked during the application process what credit line I wanted and, unprepared, took a stab at $10k, and that's what they granted me.  

Part of me really wishes I had aimed higher, just to see how high I could have gotten.  But first, I was surprised by the question because, honestly, I don't think I've ever been asked that in an application before.  And also, I was a little apprehensive about asking too much, because I'm never really sure where I stand. I have a great score (~800), but I have nine new accounts in the last 24 months, five of them in the last 12 months, and the inquiries to go along with them, and an average age of only about 3 years (because of so many new cards). I also have a total credit line of almost $500k, which is a blessing and a curse.  Looks good to a lender that my ratio is so good, but OTOH, that's a lot of available credit on $150k or so annual income.  I have 39 other cards, so a lender can honestly wonder why I'd use another card.  Oh, and I keep spending my Discover it Miles up to 100% (or more) of its limit to take full advantage of the 0% for 12 months.  So my ratio overall is good, but that one card looks bad.  So I'm always concerned that one of these days if I ask too much I'll get shot down.

But apparently, Alliant thought I was good for the $10k.  Might also help that for over a year I've kept >$10k in my Alliant savings account, and it's currently at >$40k.

Chris.

Message 6 of 10
zyzzus
Established Contributor

I got this email the other day... It is mighty tempting!

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 7 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I would caution others that this is solicited offer and to not blindly app for it as you will most likely not get the promotion. You'll need to have received the e-mail.
Message 8 of 10
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

so would I be able to apply for this as a non alliant member?

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 9 of 10
Involver
Valued Contributor

Apped this same offer earlier this week (different code), approved for $25k.  Should've asked for more.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.