myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: 56 inq

Ilovelisa had 82 INQ's 

Trophy for 1st place 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 21 of 32
vish1
Valued Contributor

I was thinking, I actually checked all my HPs. I maintain a google doc with all the HPs and some calculations to know how many <6mo, <1yr and >1yr inq I have. and my total inq till today on all 3 CB are not even close to 82.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 22 of 32
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

I am very ashamed to admit this but I have about 30 on EQ and EX and 18 on TU ranging from the beginning of 2012 until mid-March this year.  I purchased a new vehicle 11 months ago, so about 3-5 inquiries on each report are from that and I purchased a used vehicle about 3 months ago and about 5-8 inquiries on each report are from that.  I am in serious garden mode and do not plan on apping for anything for the remainder of the year. 

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 23 of 32
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@kimmiller112 wrote:

I am very ashamed to admit this but I have about 30 on EQ and EX and 18 on TU ranging from the beginning of 2012 until mid-March this year.  I purchased a new vehicle 11 months ago, so about 3-5 inquiries on each report are from that and I purchased a used vehicle about 3 months ago and about 5-8 inquiries on each report are from that.  I am in serious garden mode and do not plan on apping for anything for the remainder of the year. 

dont feel bad, I have 31 on EX, 14 on EQ and 4 on TU. 8 of the 31 from EX are from car shopping in Jan of 2012 and again July 2012. Most of my inquries are from August 2012 and before (didnt know how much inquries could affect your score then). Since August of 2012 i have 4 on EX, 3 on EQ and 3 on TU, im always very thankful for finding this site or i would probably have much more...lol.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 24 of 32
calebwshn
Valued Member

Wow and here I am stressing over 5 inqs. 

Current Personal Cards:
Amex Gold - NPSL, Chase Freedom - 3300, Amex Optima - 1100

Current Business Cards
Amex Amazon Business Prime - 3000, Chase Ink Unlimited - 6000

FICO8:
Ex - 702, TU - 727, EQ - 705

INQ:
EX - 7, TU - 3, EQ - 1
Message 25 of 32
Stralem
Established Contributor

Well now.

Guess I should stop fretting over the 9 inquiries on my reports. You guys put me to shame. Smiley Surprised

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 26 of 32
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@laryn41 wrote:
i have 56 inq on my equifax report most are auto inq. but my eqf score is the highest????????

That's a lot of inquiries...that's why it pays to shop around before actually going to the dealership. Sometimes I think dealers like to screw with our scores by calling as many banks as they know and to hell with how many HP we get...Smiley Frustrated

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 27 of 32
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@laryn41 wrote:
and why haven't the inq's from 2 years ago drpped off.7/28/05 still there

Those should have dropped off last year...I'd dispute those ASAP.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 28 of 32
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@laryn41 wrote:
i have 56 inq on my equifax report most are auto inq. but my eqf score is the highest????????

For Pete's sake...I have to start being aware of when these posts are dated! This one is ANCIENT!Smiley Tongue

Message 29 of 32
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I wonder who has the record.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.