Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

597 & wondering what card to apply for

tag
Cswildfeuer
Established Member

597 & wondering what card to apply for

Small achievement but it's been hard work.have a secured visa with NFCU and am wondering what would be a smart guaranteed approval that would help me improve my score.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: 597 & wondering what card to apply for

no app is guaranteed    :[   SDFCU has a decent secured card.

Message 2 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

+1 We can't guarantee anything.

It's also never just about score but you can refer to the Credit Pulls Database if desired.

The card isn't going to improve your score on its own.  You might see your score drop a bit from the inquiry and new account.  It's how you manage your accounts that will determine whether your score increases or not.  If you have any derogs then hit Rebuilding and see if you can do anything about them.

As suggested above, if you can't qualify for unsecured then you may need to go secured.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm 43, married and my gross income is $110,000 a year. I've been with the company for about 17 years. I will use the card mostly for travel. It will be my first major credit card to apply for Android training in chennai 

Message 4 of 8
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

For specific credit card questions, you will get better results if you post in the Credit Card forum. Smiley Wink

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cswildfeuer wrote:
Small achievement but it's been hard work.have a secured visa with NFCU and am wondering what would be a smart guaranteed approval that would help me improve my score.

A good way to get a good responses is tell us a bit about your credit profile.  What is holding your score down?  What are the scores for all 3 bureaus?  How many credit cards do you have or do you just have one?

These probing questions will give the community a better understand of where you stand and what cards you should get to help improve your file.

Message 6 of 8
jeffery581
Established Contributor

try for another secured card. more than one card is good for fico i believe.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just your score isn't going to tell us anything.  How many baddies, a BK in the past?  Collections?  Did you burn any credit card creditors before?  With that score I would just try for a secured card, PIF it every month, then try for something once your score improves.  Even then I'd focus on taking care of whatever collections you have and getting your assets in check before anything else. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.