cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

598 EQF score, 591 TU score, what CC is best?

tag
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

598 EQF score, 591 TU score, what CC is best?

Hi,

I don't have any revolving lines, a few baddies 2 years ago and no collections.  Everything else, mortgage, car loan on time for 2 years.  I have been told I need a revolving line to increase my score.

I don't want multiple dings on my score due to the inquiry so I need to know based on my scores what card I should apply for.  I can do a secured up to $500 if necessary.

I want a for sure approved card.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: 598 EQF score, 591 TU score, what CC is best?

Try the Capital One pre-qualifier on their website.  If any unsecured cards come up, try for that.

Otherwise, Capital One has an excellent secured card program.  My roommate started at a $200 limit, which they increased to $300 after 6 months for no additional deposit.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

With that score and such, I woul try the Cap1 unsecured card for average credit. My scores are similar and they approved me. If they deny you, then apply for their secured card. I'm sure they'll use the same credit inquiry for it.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
With that score and such, I woul try the Cap1 unsecured card for average credit. My scores are similar and they approved me. If they deny you, then apply for their secured card. I'm sure they'll use the same credit inquiry for it.

+1

Best of Luck, let us know how it goes!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took me a long time to decide to apply for Cap1 because I was not matched with a prequal offer. So try the prequal, but don't be discouraged if you're not in there. You still have a good chance of qualifying. I'm less than a year out of BK and had only 1 CC showing which was close to max, and several inquiries.
Message 5 of 7
flowerutah
Established Member

Public Savings Secured card has no credit checks, its a good card to start out with, until you get your scores up higher, that's what I'm using now, I put a credit limit of $500.00 but you can do $200.00 or higher if you wanted too

Message 6 of 7
fot1
Established Contributor

Hsbc and credit one also have pre approval checks on their websites.

Too many to list..
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.