Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 Month Check-In After App Spree

tag
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

6 Month Check-In After App Spree

Hello, myFico! It's been a while since I've posted here but some people might remember me as the guy who went on a successful app spree (10 straight approvals, link: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Successful-App-Spree-10-straight-approvals/td-p/2008567) Decided to check-in on what things look like 6 months after the spree.

Credit profile before the app spree (http://oi46.tinypic.com/2co3e34.jpg):

• BestBuy Store: CapitalOne EO raised my $1,000 limit to a $3,000 limit then closed my account two months after the CLI. Reason: Too many new accounts.
  • JCPenny Store: CLI from $200 to $700 via Luv Button.
  • Citi Forward: CLI from $5,000 to $6,200 via Citi EO after online CLI request was denied.
  • ChevronTexaco: CLI from $450 to $600 via Luv Button.
  • CapitalOne Platinum - CLI from $500 to $5,000 via CapitalOne EO after telphone CLI request was denied.
  • DiscoverIT: CLI from $1,000 to $7,500 via Discover Credit Analyst after online CLI request was denied.
  • Sam's Club: No changes.
  • CapitalOne Platinum: CLD from $5,500 to $1,800. Reason: Too much available credit... Smiley Mad
  • Kay Jewelers Store: No changes.
  • Walmart Store: CLI from $700 to $900.
  • Barclaycard Apple: No changes.
  • Lowes Store: CLI from $300 to $1300.

Credit cards approved from the app spree:

• Alaska Airlines Visa Signature: No changes.
  • Chase Sapphire Preferred: No changes.
  • American Express Blue Cash Preferred: No changes.
  • Chase Freedom: No changes.
  • Citi Diamond Preferred: No changes.
  • American Express Premiere Rewards Gold: No changes.
  • American Express Starwoods Preferred Guest: No changes.
  • Barclaycard Ring: Closed my account after a month of opening it. Reason: Too many new accounts... Smiley Mad
  • Merrill Lynch + Visa Signature: No changes.
  • Credit Union 1 (local FCU): No changes.

Credit additions after the app spree:

• AlaskaUSA Platinum (local FCU): Approved $5,000 CL.
  • Old Navy Store: Approved $600 CL... Smiley Mad
  • AlaskaUSA FCU Car Loan: Approved $25,000 @ 2.45%/48 months.

Some notable points:

• I do not understand CapitalOne's system. Their EO raises my BestBuy CC from $1,000 to $3,000, raises one of my Platinum's from $500 to $5,000, then closes my BestBuy account, & then decreases my other Platinum from $5,500 to $1,800? I'm thinking about closing all my accounts with them just because.
  • Barclay's cannot tell me why my Ring was closed for too many new accounts while they kept the Apple open.
  • I haven't heard a peep from American Express at all. I cross my fingers that I never will, Smiley Happy. Gearing up for my 3x CLI on the BCP soon.

My credit score dropped about 50 points (EQ FICO) from 750 to 700 & my AAoA dropped to about 1 year & 1 month (ouch), Smiley Frustrated.

Now I need to update my sig! Can anyone link me the thread with the pictures of the seed, spades, etc.? I put this seed like 6 months ago & really need to update. Lol.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: 6 Month Check-In After App Spree

Hey GMC!

Sorry to hear about the Ring Card! I suspect the UW criteria was more restrictive and your spree was too much for them. Kinda surprised about Cap1 -hadn't heard much on them doing CLDs but I guess you learn something new everyday.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-Meeting-September-2013/td-p/2414661
Message 2 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats on the 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 11
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Hey GMC!

Sorry to hear about the Ring Card! I suspect the UW criteria was more restrictive and your spree was too much for them. Kinda surprised about Cap1 -hadn't heard much on them doing CLDs but I guess you learn something new everyday.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-Meeting-September-2013/td-p/2414661

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats on the 

Thanks guys!

The Ring criteria makes sense. Can't blame them because I would be thinking **bleep** if i saw all my new accounts from an UW/Analyst point-of-view. Lol.

Message 4 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!
And good to see you've been well.

Just the usual creditors acting a fool and lowering their profitability.
Capital One really does pmo sometimes.
-.- dirty trix.

Amex seems to be the only creditor that acts like an adult. LOL
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 11
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Wow, you really have a thick wallet!  You're not planning on another app spree anytime soon...are you? lol

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 6 of 11
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I see that you got the gold spade working and it looks great. Congrats on your successful gardening efforts! You have an extremely nice collection.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 7 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Where's Ron1? He's on almost every credit forum prob needs a manbag for all that plastic. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 11
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Wow, you really have a thick wallet!  You're not planning on another app spree anytime soon...are you? lol

Next summer! Smiley Happy I'll have 0 inquiries in the past 12 months by then & my credit score should be hovering around 750+ again.

But it won't be a crazy 10 app spree since I already have everything I want. I still want Asiana's CC from BOA (I fly them yearly), Home Depot's CC (The Home Depots in my area have way better stock than Lowes), & whoever else may be having some promotions at the time that I can churn out, Smiley Very Happy.

Message 9 of 11
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Congrats!
And good to see you've been well.

Just the usual creditors acting a fool and lowering their profitability.
Capital One really does pmo sometimes.
-.- dirty trix.

Amex seems to be the only creditor that acts like an adult. LOL

Yeah just CapitalOne being CapitalOne... Smiley LOL

@tinuviel wrote:

I see that you got the gold spade working and it looks great. Congrats on your successful gardening efforts! You have an extremely nice collection.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.