Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 Month PenFed probation.

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: 6 Month PenFed probation.

I'm not a DOD employee.  My hold lasted a little more than 10 days for the first month only.  Now there's no hold on my payments. 
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

-I am DoD.

-I have a LOC with PenFed (since day 1), and they most recently softed me 9/10.

Message 22 of 29
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

-I am DoD.

Everyone with a PenFed credit account of some kind is regularly softed.
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many banks and CCC's take a soft each month in conjuction with reporting that month to the CRA, at least that is the way mine is with quite a few accounts....every month shows a soft around the same time as my account update.

IME

Message 24 of 29
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Many banks and CCC's take a soft each month in conjuction with reporting that month to the CRA, at least that is the way mine is with quite a few accounts....every month shows a soft around the same time as my account update.

IME

Quarterly softs is probably more normal. They have you under pretty close surveillance, txjohn. Might have something to do with all those high CL's!  Smiley Wink
Message 25 of 29
DI
Super Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

-I am DoD.

Everyone with a PenFed credit account of some kind is regularly softed.

I've had my PenFed Visa ever since August.  I haven't been softed as of yet.  Maybe they're waiting until my current report with them expire after 90 days. 

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

IME

Quarterly softs is probably more normal. They have you under pretty close surveillance, txjohn. Might have something to do with all those high CL's!  Smiley Wink

@Anonymous wrote:

IME

This has been ongoing for me going back over a year, in fact showing back to 2007 (as far as it keeps the record).

BoA, CapOne and others....for a long while have kept up on me pretty much every month.  Some months show multiple softs.  The more recent CU's don't seem to soft as much, but all of my big bank cards did and do.

To date the only AA I have suffered is the CLD and then closure of WAMU/Chase this month. 

Message 27 of 29
DI
Super Contributor

Apparently the 10 day holding is back on my account.  Last month when I paid the balance there was no hold on available credit.  This month my payment is not immediately reflected in my available credit .
Message Edited by DI on 12-03-2009 08:06 AM
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess you just got the benefit of a glitch or lucked out last month.

Smiley Indifferent

But, it should resolve after 6 months.  Mine did.  Now when I make a payment, it posts and credits at midnight that night.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.