cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: 6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?

Whatever card you going to apply. You going to get some messy low toys limit from $300 to $1000. Wait till your score went up in mid 600" then you should see something around 2k and process the limit increase faster. Credit is all about patient and right time. Hope you understand. But you do your own things man. Everyone had a different theory and needed for their credit style. Wish you luck thou. 

PS: I research almost 3 months before i went to my app. I know who they going to pull and my % of getting approved but still wrong about Amex and Discover which cost me addition 3 HP .

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 11 of 47
TsuSurf
Contributor

Didn't see your other post.  But yes you are most likely correct.  I'm trying to be patient.  I'm going to check my scores and go from there in Dec.  I also want Walmart card so I might just apply for that then garden for 6 more months and try prime lender then.  Thanks for your help.

Message 12 of 47
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@jconvinced wrote:

I'm thinking of applying for discover more student or citi dividend student in December.  Hopefully they pull EQ or even EX and approve me.

I highly recommend the Discover More Student for you...even though my brother had no baddies, after a little over 6 months history he applied with just a $5500 student loan and a Capital One Journey with either $500 or $750 at the time and got a $5000 limit on his Discover Open Road Student! He did receive a preapproval/preselected letter in the mail and we used that to apply. Just make sure in the job description you put you're a student!

Best of luck!

Message 13 of 47
TsuSurf
Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@jconvinced wrote:

I'm thinking of applying for discover more student or citi dividend student in December.  Hopefully they pull EQ or even EX and approve me.

I highly recommend the Discover More Student for you...even though my brother had no baddies, after a little over 6 months history he applied with just a $5500 student loan and a Capital One Journey with either $500 or $750 at the time and got a $5000 limit on his Discover Open Road Student! He did receive a preapproval/preselected letter in the mail and we used that to apply. Just make sure in the job description you put you're a student!

Best of luck!

Thanks.  Yes it's tempting I'm going to get my EQ an TU scores and go from there. 

Message 14 of 47
HiLine
Blogger

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@jconvinced wrote:

Best of luck!

When your brother applied for the Open Road, was he already paying his student loan? Your post seems to imply that your brother was still in college.

Message 15 of 47
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

He was (and still is) in college and no, he is currently not making payments on the loan. It's deferred until graduation, but still reflects positive history on his report Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 47
HiLine
Blogger

@nicholasyud wrote:

@jconvinced wrote:

What did they pull for discover?

Discover usually pull TU . Well sometime EQ depend on many other factors.

To be honest, I dont think its should be a better idea to apply for anything right now. Other prime CC company want to see how you handle big money other than $200 #300 and $300 credit line. I would going to deposit more on one of your account to maybe 1k to 3k depend on how much you can afford. Use it for another 6 months then apply for some Prime CC like Discover,Amex, City you name it.

One years credit history should look good on CC company eyes....and high secured CC limit would make them feel safe to offer you some meanful limit rather than those small credit limit you had with all 3 cc.

Here are some CC website you can look up for what database they pull :

Modedit

whogavemecredit.com

Good luck.

I understand the cautiousness needed when we're dealing with credit, but I think you're on the conservative side here. Having 3 accounts reporting is a big advantage, and several prime lenders are willing to extend credit to starters with the hope of locking in their membership; if your first card happens to be a good one, you tend to keep it for life. Both Discover and American Express are good at this, while Bank of America would likely be generous as well.

Message 17 of 47
HiLine
Blogger

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

He was (and still is) in college and no, he is currently not making payments on the loan. It's deferred until graduation, but still reflects positive history on his report Smiley Happy

Oh I see. When I was in college I had a loan from the school which never reported. When I was about to graduate, the school started talking to me about the loan and payment options. I paid it off in cash before the first suggested payment date. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 47
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Ahhh okay Smiley Happy some loans may do that. My brother and I both have those federal student loans that are deferred until graduation, but still report to the credit bureaus indicating perfect paymnt history!

Message 19 of 47
HiLine
Blogger

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Ahhh okay Smiley Happy some loans may do that. My brother and I both have those federal student loans that are deferred until graduation, but still report to the credit bureaus indicating perfect paymnt history!

That actually sounds like the perfect way to build a credit history for college students! Provided that your brother holds on to the Open Road and obtains another 1-2 prime cards by the time he graduates, he'll soon join the 800+ FICO club! Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.