cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: 6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?

@HiLine wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Indeed it is! He's soon approaching me, it's scaring me Smiley Surprised also forgot to mention he's an authorized user on my Shell Drive for Five. My CreditKarma is 755 and his is 730!!! Ahh! Makes me jelly how fast he's climbing lol!

You have a stellar portfolio yourself, and would be able to obtain almost any card you want. You have plenty to be proud of yourself Smiley Wink

Why thank you!!! I'm actually working to obtaining an 850 one day, just to do it and say I did! Only plan on auto loan(s) and a mortgage from this point on until I achieve that score, unless something happens to one of my cards one day (closing out of necessity, creditor going under in the next 18 years or however long it will take, etc.) and I need to apply for another one! Then I think once I achieve perfection I'll apply for more cards for added benefits and be happy with a 760+ score, since in the credit world being above 760 (or 720 depending on the creditors) gets the same rates as someone would with a near-perfect score!

Message 31 of 47
HiLine
Blogger

Agreed on the baddie part - I don't know how tolerant Discover is for baddies. But if you get a pre-approved offer from them, I'd take a chance. Being denied and adding one extra inquiry to the report is not a big deal.

Message 32 of 47
HiLine
Blogger

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Indeed it is! He's soon approaching me, it's scaring me Smiley Surprised also forgot to mention he's an authorized user on my Shell Drive for Five. My CreditKarma is 755 and his is 730!!! Ahh! Makes me jelly how fast he's climbing lol!

You have a stellar portfolio yourself, and would be able to obtain almost any card you want. You have plenty to be proud of yourself Smiley Wink

Why thank you!!! I'm actually working to obtaining an 850 one day, just to do it and say I did! Only plan on auto loan(s) and a mortgage from this point on until I achieve that score, unless something happens to one of my cards one day (closing out of necessity, creditor going under in the next 18 years or however long it will take, etc.) and I need to apply for another one! Then I think once I achieve perfection I'll apply for more cards for added benefits and be happy with a 760+ score, since in the credit world being above 760 (or 720 depending on the creditors) gets the same rates as someone would with a near-perfect score!

Good luck with your ambitions! I haven't heard of anyone reaching 850, but 800+ is definitely achieveable with the right approach. Remember that perfection means ... perfection, so don't be too disappointed if you don't get there, and try to focus on the big picture. I'll have my fingers crossed for you. Please let us know when you get to your goal or close enough. Smiley Wink

Message 33 of 47
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Good luck with your ambitions! I haven't heard of anyone reaching 850, but 800+ is definitely achieveable with the right approach. Remember that perfection means ... perfection, so don't be too disappointed if you don't get there, and try to focus on the big picture. I'll have my fingers crossed for you. Please let us know when you get to your goal or close enough. Smiley Wink

If everybody is still on this forum by then XD I'm only at 2 years and 5 months of credit use, and according to this website: http://www.fool.com/personal-finance/credit/60-second-guide-to-perfect-credit.aspx you need...30 years of credit use! XD though it's not a definitive requirement, most 850s have that quality! How about I get back to you guys once I hit the 800 club? Smiley Tongue that seems doable in the future, but does require about 10 years of positive history...

Message 34 of 47
HiLine
Blogger

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

If everybody is still on this forum by then XD I'm only at 2 years and 5 months of credit use, and according to this website: http://www.fool.com/personal-finance/credit/60-second-guide-to-perfect-credit.aspx you need...30 years of credit use! XD though it's not a definitive requirement, most 850s have that quality! How about I get back to you guys once I hit the 800 club? Smiley Tongue that seems doable in the future, but does require about 10 years of positive history...

I don't know about that 10 years requirement. I had a 768 on TU with 8 months of history, 1 card and no other loan. If you are really shooting for the 800+ club, you should obtain whatever loans or cards you need in the interim, then garden for a year for the inquiries to fall off the report.

Message 35 of 47
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Very true! And I plan on gardening for a longgg time. An auto loan will likely be my next major inquiry in the next two years minimum. And if I really really want it i'll go for a CLI with a hard pull if I come to a point where I have little to no inquiries. So far though, looks like I will sit and wait *twiddles my thumbs*

Message 36 of 47
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

I hit 750 in 8 months but I was starting from scratch with no bad history.

I hit 800 in ten months.

It can be done if you pay in full and keep usage low.

Let 2% report.

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Message 37 of 47
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Mustangfrank wrote:

I hit 800 in ten months.

Let 2% report.

True, but your credit usage goes back to 1983 because of your AMEXs! I wasn't even born yet D: I still have a longg way to go, but your story is inspirational Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 47
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Mustangfrank wrote:

I hit 800 in ten months.

Let 2% report.

True, but your credit usage goes back to 1983 because of your AMEXs! I wasn't even born yet D: I still have a longg way to go, but your story is inspirational Smiley Happy

Yes the Amex Back Dating was incredible but before I applied for the Amex cards I had zero credit and did not own a credit card for twenty fives years.

I started with a Secured Cap1 card and grew my scores for 8 months through just that card.

I followed what people on this board instructed me to do and before I had the Amex cards and the backdating my FICO score were up around 760

I mention this to encourage people that you can make very fast progress.

0-760 in eight months then when I got the Amex cards and the backdating it took off over 800.

Thanks to the people on this board who coached me through it I was very successful in rebuilding my credit.

Pretty cool.

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Message 39 of 47
TsuSurf
Contributor

@Mustangfrank wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Mustangfrank wrote:

I hit 800 in ten months.

Let 2% report.

Yes the Amex Back Dating was incredible but before I applied for the Amex cards I had zero credit and did not own a credit card for twenty fives years.

I started with a Secured Cap1 card and grew my scores for 8 months through just that card.

I followed what people on this board instructed me to do and before I had the Amex cards and the backdating my FICO score were up around 760

I mention this to encourage people that you can make very fast progress.

0-760 in eight months then when I got the Amex cards and the backdating it took off over 800.

Thanks to the people on this board who coached me through it I was very successful in rebuilding my credit.

Pretty cool.

Very inspirational I hope to get these two last collections removed and get a high score as well on all 3 CRA.

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.