Contributor
TsuSurf

Re: 6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?

jconvinced wrote:

Didn't see your other post.  But yes you are most likely correct.  I'm trying to be patient.  I'm going to check my scores and go from there in Dec.  I also want Walmart card so I might just apply for that then garden for 6 more months and try prime lender then.  Thanks for your help.

Update!  Checked my EQ score tonight and it is a 707!  I'm very excited.  I've been working really hard to fix my credit and I finally have a score to reflect that.  I'm looking to get one more card then garden for a little bit.  I'm going to stay away from Discover and Walmart for a while until I get these 2 collections removed since they are strong TU pullers.  May anyone recommend an EQ puller card that I can get with 6 months history, 707 fico, and no baddies on EQ.  Citi?

New Contributor
ntx

Congrats on the score!  :smileyhappy:

You might consider the DCU ( dcu.org ) Visa - they pull EQ.

Contributor
TsuSurf

ntx wrote:

Congrats on the score!  :smileyhappy:

You might consider the DCU ( dcu.org ) Visa - they pull EQ.

Thanks I will check them out.  Anybody else? You think chase will give me a shot with 6 months credit length?

New Contributor
ntx

Chase pulled EX for me (in TX).

From what I've seen around here from others, I'd wait for a year of history for Chase.

Contributor
TsuSurf

ntx wrote:

From what I've seen around here from others, I'd wait for a year of history for Chase.

I've had Chase checking for 2-3 years would that help me any or should I just wait 6 months.

Established Contributor
eviLution

DCU was gonna give me 2k limit platinum visa, but only gave 1.5k after I sent in my paystub. i only make about 17k a year :smileysad:

I was still happy with it cuz I got my first unsecured cc the day I got my 5th statement from Capital One Secured ($600 CL).

no baddies, clear report.

Current Score: DCU EQ 714 - EX+ 746 - WM TU 746
Goal Score: 750+

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 6000 - Chase Freedom: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Blogger
HiLine

[ Edited ]

jconvinced wrote:

ntx wrote:

I've had Chase checking for 2-3 years would that help me any or should I just wait 6 months.

If you have more than 10k in your checking account you should be good. Even if you don't have as much, that long of a history should help.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}