Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,738
Registered: ‎08-13-2012
0

Re: 6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?



I understand the cautiousness needed when we're dealing with credit, but I think you're on the conservative side here. Having 3 accounts reporting is a big advantage, and several prime lenders are willing to extend credit to starters with the hope of locking in their membership; if your first card happens to be a good one, you tend to keep it for life. Both Discover and American Express are good at this, while Bank of America would likely be generous as well.

 


WEll its again YMMV........But as a creditor would you consider give $5000 credit limit to a guys had 3 cards with $700 combine. Look at it that way buddie......well maybe its just me..........but seriously I dont wanna take a lucky side...........I want to predict what im going to get before i went on my apps............

 


Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Blogger
Posts: 3,367
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: 6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?


nicholasyud wrote:


I understand the cautiousness needed when we're dealing with credit, but I think you're on the conservative side here. Having 3 accounts reporting is a big advantage, and several prime lenders are willing to extend credit to starters with the hope of locking in their membership; if your first card happens to be a good one, you tend to keep it for life. Both Discover and American Express are good at this, while Bank of America would likely be generous as well.

 


WEll its again YMMV........But as a creditor would you consider give $5000 credit limit to a guys had 3 cards with $700 combine. Look at it that way buddie......well maybe its just me..........but seriously I dont wanna take a lucky side...........I want to predict what im going to get before i went on my apps............

 


To each his own, agreed. But given 6 months, I'd rather get a prime card albeit with a low limit and work my way toward a CLI while gaining credit history, rewards and other perks that a decent credit card has to offer.

 

Contributor
Posts: 78
Registered: ‎07-01-2012
0

Re: 6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?


nicholasyud wrote:


I understand the cautiousness needed when we're dealing with credit, but I think you're on the conservative side here. Having 3 accounts reporting is a big advantage, and several prime lenders are willing to extend credit to starters with the hope of locking in their membership; if your first card happens to be a good one, you tend to keep it for life. Both Discover and American Express are good at this, while Bank of America would likely be generous as well.

 


WEll its again YMMV........But as a creditor would you consider give $5000 credit limit to a guys had 3 cards with $700 combine. Look at it that way buddie......well maybe its just me..........but seriously I dont wanna take a lucky side...........I want to predict what im going to get before i went on my apps............

 


$800 combined*.Smiley Tongue

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,060
Registered: ‎11-17-2012
0

Re: 6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?

Indeed it is! He's soon approaching me, it's scaring me Smiley Surprised also forgot to mention he's an authorized user on my Shell Drive for Five. My CreditKarma is 755 and his is 730!!! Ahh! Makes me jelly how fast he's climbing lol!


Quicksilver WMC $20k | JCPenney Platinum $10k | Drive for Five $800 | Freedom VS $5k | TD Cash VS $5k | CFU VS $14.8k | Blue Sky $13.7k | IT $28k | SavingStar $14.8k | BCE $11.3k | Macy's AMEX $7.2k | BuyPower WEMC $7.5k | CSR VI $13.3k | FICOS: EX 777 EQ 752 TU 758 VantageScore 3.0: EX 764 EQ 764 TU 766
Blogger
Posts: 3,367
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: 6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?


daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Indeed it is! He's soon approaching me, it's scaring me Smiley Surprised also forgot to mention he's an authorized user on my Shell Drive for Five. My CreditKarma is 755 and his is 730!!! Ahh! Makes me jelly how fast he's climbing lol!


You have a stellar portfolio yourself, and would be able to obtain almost any card you want. You have plenty to be proud of yourself Smiley Wink

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,738
Registered: ‎08-13-2012
0

Re: 6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?


HiLine wrote:


To each his own, agreed. But given 6 months, I'd rather get a prime card albeit with a low limit and work my way toward a CLI while gaining credit history, rewards and other perks that a decent credit card has to offer.

 


That's wat am sayin' thou !!!! everyone had a different theory about how we going to get our card and limit that fit us.

I rather carry one or 2 card with 10k except 10 cards with low toy limit.

 

And there is not 100% warranty he going to get a Prime card with them toy limits but in another 6 months, his change should be higher due to account age and on time payment. Your score would change about 30 to 100 points in 6 months who know.......

 

Well i guess its just thing diff between me and you.

 


Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Blogger
Posts: 3,367
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: 6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?


nicholasyud wrote:

HiLine wrote:


To each his own, agreed. But given 6 months, I'd rather get a prime card albeit with a low limit and work my way toward a CLI while gaining credit history, rewards and other perks that a decent credit card has to offer.

 


That's wat am sayin' thou !!!! everyone had a different theory about how we going to get our card and limit that fit us.

I rather carry one or 2 card with 10k except 10 cards with low toy limit.

 

And there is not 100% warranty he going to get a Prime card with them toy limits but in another 6 months, his change should be higher due to account age and on time payment. Your score would change about 30 to 100 points in 6 months who know.......

 

Well i guess its just thing diff between me and you.

 


Discover is likely to approve, and then he'll benefit from Discover's awesome cash back rewards as well as shopdiscover. As soon as he gets any decent credit card he'll get purchase protection, rental car insurance and so on. And he'll do himself a favor in the future when it comes to credit history length. The Crap One and Wells Fargo will likely be dropped at some point, and he'll need to keep several good cards basically throughout his lifetime to build up the history length. Once he gets a good card he can think of dropping the useless ones right away. If he plans to apply for other cards or loans in the next 1-2 years, having an extra 6 months of history with a good card makes a rather significant difference.

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,738
Registered: ‎08-13-2012
0

Re: 6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?




Discover is likely to approve, and then he'll benefit from Discover's awesome cash back rewards as well as shopdiscover. As soon as he gets any decent credit card he'll get purchase protection, rental car insurance and so on. And he'll do himself a favor in the future when it comes to credit history length. The Crap One and Wells Fargo will likely be dropped at some point, and he'll need to keep several good cards basically throughout his lifetime to build up the history length. Once he gets a good card he can think of dropping the useless ones right away. If he plans to apply for other cards or loans in the next 1-2 years, having an extra 6 months of history with a good card makes a rather significant difference.

 


Sorry post i didnt want to turn you down but your change getting approved for Discover about 35%. Its YMMV but due to 2 baddie on TU which Discover pull most of the time. Also tradeline stay on your credit report for another 10 years so another 6 months wouldnt be no problem. 

My score increase about 30 points after 3 months with 2 baddie in 2008. i  hope you guys understand it thou. Discover pull both of my report even thou my score around 680 on EQ and 690 on TU fico score.

Post if you can afford an HP then shoot it thou and good luck.

Credit is all about being patient.

 


Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,060
Registered: ‎11-17-2012
0

Re: 6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?


nicholasyud wrote:



Discover is likely to approve, and then he'll benefit from Discover's awesome cash back rewards as well as shopdiscover. As soon as he gets any decent credit card he'll get purchase protection, rental car insurance and so on. And he'll do himself a favor in the future when it comes to credit history length. The Crap One and Wells Fargo will likely be dropped at some point, and he'll need to keep several good cards basically throughout his lifetime to build up the history length. Once he gets a good card he can think of dropping the useless ones right away. If he plans to apply for other cards or loans in the next 1-2 years, having an extra 6 months of history with a good card makes a rather significant difference.

 


Sorry post i didnt want to turn you down but your change getting approved for Discover about 35%. Its YMMV but due to 2 baddie on TU which Discover pull most of the time. Also tradeline stay on your credit report for another 10 years so another 6 months wouldnt be no problem. 

My score increase about 30 points after 3 months with 2 baddie in 2008. i  hope you guys understand it thou. Discover pull both of my report even thou my score around 680 on EQ and 690 on TU fico score.

Post if you can afford an HP then shoot it thou and good luck.

Credit is all about being patient.

 


They are actually relatively easy to get as long as you're a student Smiley Happy so if the poster is still a student, getting it should be a piece of cake!

 


Quicksilver WMC $20k | JCPenney Platinum $10k | Drive for Five $800 | Freedom VS $5k | TD Cash VS $5k | CFU VS $14.8k | Blue Sky $13.7k | IT $28k | SavingStar $14.8k | BCE $11.3k | Macy's AMEX $7.2k | BuyPower WEMC $7.5k | CSR VI $13.3k | FICOS: EX 777 EQ 752 TU 758 VantageScore 3.0: EX 764 EQ 764 TU 766
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,738
Registered: ‎08-13-2012
0

Re: 6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?


 


They are actually relatively easy to get as long as you're a student Smiley Happy so if the poster is still a student, getting it should be a piece of cake!

 


Yepppp if that the case, Get your Christmas cake ready for 2013. Smiley Very Happy

 


Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.