cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: 6 months history clean equifax. What cards can I get?

I understand the cautiousness needed when we're dealing with credit, but I think you're on the conservative side here. Having 3 accounts reporting is a big advantage, and several prime lenders are willing to extend credit to starters with the hope of locking in their membership; if your first card happens to be a good one, you tend to keep it for life. Both Discover and American Express are good at this, while Bank of America would likely be generous as well.

WEll its again YMMV........But as a creditor would you consider give $5000 credit limit to a guys had 3 cards with $700 combine. Look at it that way buddie......well maybe its just me..........but seriously I dont wanna take a lucky side...........I want to predict what im going to get before i went on my apps............

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 21 of 47
HiLine
Blogger

@nicholasyud wrote:

I understand the cautiousness needed when we're dealing with credit, but I think you're on the conservative side here. Having 3 accounts reporting is a big advantage, and several prime lenders are willing to extend credit to starters with the hope of locking in their membership; if your first card happens to be a good one, you tend to keep it for life. Both Discover and American Express are good at this, while Bank of America would likely be generous as well.

WEll its again YMMV........But as a creditor would you consider give $5000 credit limit to a guys had 3 cards with $700 combine. Look at it that way buddie......well maybe its just me..........but seriously I dont wanna take a lucky side...........I want to predict what im going to get before i went on my apps............

To each his own, agreed. But given 6 months, I'd rather get a prime card albeit with a low limit and work my way toward a CLI while gaining credit history, rewards and other perks that a decent credit card has to offer.

Message 22 of 47
TsuSurf
Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

$800 combined*.Smiley Tongue

Message 23 of 47
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Indeed it is! He's soon approaching me, it's scaring me Smiley Surprised also forgot to mention he's an authorized user on my Shell Drive for Five. My CreditKarma is 755 and his is 730!!! Ahh! Makes me jelly how fast he's climbing lol!

Message 24 of 47
HiLine
Blogger

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Indeed it is! He's soon approaching me, it's scaring me Smiley Surprised also forgot to mention he's an authorized user on my Shell Drive for Five. My CreditKarma is 755 and his is 730!!! Ahh! Makes me jelly how fast he's climbing lol!

You have a stellar portfolio yourself, and would be able to obtain almost any card you want. You have plenty to be proud of yourself Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 47
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

To each his own, agreed. But given 6 months, I'd rather get a prime card albeit with a low limit and work my way toward a CLI while gaining credit history, rewards and other perks that a decent credit card has to offer.

That's wat am sayin' thou !!!! everyone had a different theory about how we going to get our card and limit that fit us.

I rather carry one or 2 card with 10k except 10 cards with low toy limit.

And there is not 100% warranty he going to get a Prime card with them toy limits but in another 6 months, his change should be higher due to account age and on time payment. Your score would change about 30 to 100 points in 6 months who know.......

Well i guess its just thing diff between me and you.

Message 26 of 47
HiLine
Blogger

@nicholasyud wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

That's wat am sayin' thou !!!! everyone had a different theory about how we going to get our card and limit that fit us.

I rather carry one or 2 card with 10k except 10 cards with low toy limit.

And there is not 100% warranty he going to get a Prime card with them toy limits but in another 6 months, his change should be higher due to account age and on time payment. Your score would change about 30 to 100 points in 6 months who know.......

Well i guess its just thing diff between me and you.

Discover is likely to approve, and then he'll benefit from Discover's awesome cash back rewards as well as shopdiscover. As soon as he gets any decent credit card he'll get purchase protection, rental car insurance and so on. And he'll do himself a favor in the future when it comes to credit history length. The Crap One and Wells Fargo will likely be dropped at some point, and he'll need to keep several good cards basically throughout his lifetime to build up the history length. Once he gets a good card he can think of dropping the useless ones right away. If he plans to apply for other cards or loans in the next 1-2 years, having an extra 6 months of history with a good card makes a rather significant difference.

Message 27 of 47
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Discover is likely to approve, and then he'll benefit from Discover's awesome cash back rewards as well as shopdiscover. As soon as he gets any decent credit card he'll get purchase protection, rental car insurance and so on. And he'll do himself a favor in the future when it comes to credit history length. The Crap One and Wells Fargo will likely be dropped at some point, and he'll need to keep several good cards basically throughout his lifetime to build up the history length. Once he gets a good card he can think of dropping the useless ones right away. If he plans to apply for other cards or loans in the next 1-2 years, having an extra 6 months of history with a good card makes a rather significant difference.

Sorry post i didnt want to turn you down but your change getting approved for Discover about 35%. Its YMMV but due to 2 baddie on TU which Discover pull most of the time. Also tradeline stay on your credit report for another 10 years so another 6 months wouldnt be no problem. 

My score increase about 30 points after 3 months with 2 baddie in 2008. i  hope you guys understand it thou. Discover pull both of my report even thou my score around 680 on EQ and 690 on TU fico score.

Post if you can afford an HP then shoot it thou and good luck.

Credit is all about being patient.

Message 28 of 47
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

Sorry post i didnt want to turn you down but your change getting approved for Discover about 35%. Its YMMV but due to 2 baddie on TU which Discover pull most of the time. Also tradeline stay on your credit report for another 10 years so another 6 months wouldnt be no problem. 

My score increase about 30 points after 3 months with 2 baddie in 2008. i  hope you guys understand it thou. Discover pull both of my report even thou my score around 680 on EQ and 690 on TU fico score.

Post if you can afford an HP then shoot it thou and good luck.

Credit is all about being patient.

They are actually relatively easy to get as long as you're a student Smiley Happy so if the poster is still a student, getting it should be a piece of cake!

Message 29 of 47
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

They are actually relatively easy to get as long as you're a student Smiley Happy so if the poster is still a student, getting it should be a piece of cake!

Yepppp if that the case, Get your Christmas cake ready for 2013. Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.