Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 months history - need help with my plan

tag
Twas_Sovereign
New Contributor

Re: 6 months history - need help with my plan

A lot of great advice given already. I think you would have  a pretty good shot at getting the Freedom and would be a really good starting card for you along with a Discover IT. Now don't be afraid to app for the Freedom, usually Chase is really great with recons and if you explain your situation you have a really good chance at getting approved.

I only have 6 months of credit history and have gotten all the cards in my signature.

Message 11 of 15
VxD

Thanks. You only have 6 months of history with all those? That gives me hope my BCE application could be approved.

Message 12 of 15
Twas_Sovereign
New Contributor

@VxD wrote:

Thanks. You only have 6 months of history with all those? That gives me hope my BCE application could be approved.

Yes, BCE is not as hard to get as people make it out to be. If your EX score is north of 690 you have a really good chance of getting it. You may not get as high a limit, but I think approval odds are in your favor.

I had a EX score of 720 and applied for the BCE the exact day I hit my 6 month credit mark and was instantly approved for it and the PRG.

PM if you would like help with your credit strategy. I would be more than happy to help you.

Message 13 of 15
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

Twas' situation is similar to yours, it's great to see how well it's goin for him!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Credit-Suggestions/m-p/2817071

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 14 of 15
VxD

Thanks, everyone. I've got a better idea of what to do now and I will post the results next month.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.