Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 months with Chase, but no CLI.

tag
Drew
Frequent Contributor

6 months with Chase, but no CLI.

I've had both the Freedom and Sapphire for six months with reasonable usage and PIF every month;  however, I've not received an auto CLI.  What gives?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: 6 months with Chase, but no CLI.

The 6 mos isn't auto with Chase. If you want a CLI, you can ask just be prepared for a hp.
Message 2 of 11
Drew
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
The 6 mos isn't auto with Chase. If you want a CLI, you can ask just be prepared for a hp.

Already overextended the amount of HP's, unfortunately.  I was really hoping for the auto CLI.

Message 3 of 11
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

I've been with Chase for almost 5 yrs and only recently recvd a whopping $500 CLI, and it wasn't an auto CLI.

As difficult as it is to understand credit, Chase seems to be a true challenge.

Message 4 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I have had my Chase Amazon since 2004, and never got a CLI.   In fact, I think I have only ever had one auto-CLI, and that was from Barclays.

Message 5 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Drew wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Already overextended the amount of HP's, unfortunately.  I was really hoping for the auto CLI.

As Lexie mentioned above, 6 months is not a magic number.  This is simply a general "gauge" or based on anecdotal experiences that some folks have posted.  Some have had auto-CLIs literally within 3 months of opening their account(s), others have gone about 8-12 months before seeing anything.  Yet, there are others who go beyond 12 months before they see any auto-CLIs.

Just keep doing what you're doing and give it some time.  Chase isn't like GECRB or other lenders who may have some predictability on the auto-CLI front.  Ultimately, Chase is the type of lender where customer-initiated CLI requests are the norm, albeit with a lovely HP to boot.

Message 6 of 11
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Chase is also very conservative with CLI and it looks to me a whole lot easier to get a new card than a CLI. While they would not grant me a CLI to 5K on my 9 months old Freedom they approved me a week later for a new card at 16K.....I gave up understanding lenders Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Drew wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

As Lexie mentioned above, 6 months is not a magic number.  This is simply a general "gauge" or based on anecdotal experiences that some folks have posted.  Some have had auto-CLIs literally within 3 months of opening their account(s), others have gone about 8-12 months before seeing anything.  Yet, there are others who go beyond 12 months before they see any auto-CLIs.

Just keep doing what you're doing and give it some time.  Chase isn't like GECRB or other lenders who may have some predictability on the auto-CLI front.  Ultimately, Chase is the type of lender where customer-initiated CLI requests are the norm, albeit with a lovely HP to boot.

+1.

From my experience, Chase is not a 6 month reviewer like Discover / Citi / US Bank. 

I've gotten auto CLI at very random intervals (3 months, 5 months, 8 months, etc), and each CLI happened around a couple days after the statement cut.

I have also gone as long as over a year without any sort of auto CLI on my Chase Amazon..... I think do perodical reviews constantly rather than doing them at set intervals.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 11
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

+1

Message 9 of 11
370Z
Frequent Contributor

Auto-CLIs are generally given out by Chase to those with high usage. The closer your monthly spend is to your CL, the better your chances.

EQ8 817 (2/24) EQ9 850 (1/24) EX8 837 (3/24) EX9 842 (3/24) TU8 824 (2/24)
Chase_Hyatt|10k|15.24%|6/13 * Amex_Hilton|10k|13.99%|8/13 * Chase_IHG|10k|15.24%|1/14 * Chase_Ink$|12k|13.24%|5/14 * NFCU$|46k|9.65%|12/14 * Amex_ED|10k|12.99%|1/16 * Citi_Custom$|45k|15.24%|4/16 * Merrill+|68k|12.99%|2/17 * Amex_BB+|10k|15.24%|3/18 * PenFed_Pathfinder|29.4k|12.74%|9/18 * WF_Autograph|25k|16.99%|7/19 * AODFCU_VS|22k|7.49%|4/20 * Chase_Ritz_Carlton|48.5k|15.99%|10/21 * Amex_BB$|42k|13.24%|8/22 * Redstone_FCU_VS|10k|12.00%|6/23 * C1_VX|30k|14.74%|1/24
Gone: CSP, AA x3, Ink+, Premier, CSR, CFU, CF, AARP, Limitless
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.